Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new here to mustang evolution i was wondering what kind of headers you all recommend shorties or long tubes. Also if you had a shop install how much they run you. Also here's a couple pictures of my ride, have some staggered 2003 black cobra wheels just waiting for summer time to throw them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
i got shorty's but thats how my gt came when i bought it from my lil bro. he said they charged him 300 to instal it at the shop

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Mac. SLP. Kooks.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
SW!! Yes

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new here to mustang evolution i was wondering what kind of headers you all recommend shorties or long tubes. Also if you had a shop install how much they run you. Also here's a couple pictures of my ride, have some staggered 2003 black cobra wheels just waiting for summer time to throw them on.
Long

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dont quote me but I think short tubes are for low end and long tubes give u more on top end...i think
Short tubes provide a little more hp and tq but the long tubes i have always seen the greater gain, the exhaust can flow away from the heads faster instead of the being a lot of exhaust gas close to the heads at the collector on shorty's, the gases can shoot down farther into you x pipe or what ever you have after the headers. Thats just what i have found over the years at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts