Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have longtubes I'm putting on my 96 the collector it a 3" diameter but the inside diameter where the flange is is 2.5" do i need a 2.5 inch x pipe or a 3 inch? lmk thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The inside will measure 2.25 inches. outside to outside it's going to be 2.5 inches. You're wanting the 2.5 inch pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
oh ok I thought it went by whatever the diameter is by the flange where the pipe is flared inward

I'm not sure about that. I've always known of measuring the outer diameter of exhaust pipes. This is how most manufacturers measure the exhaust I believe.

I would suggest sticking with the same brand. And if you have long tubes it has to be short mid-pipe.

Other brands should fit it seems like, but might not fit.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Got a picture of them? Post them up. Any manufacturer part number on them should tell you what brand.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hmm might be some eBay headers then? I'm not sure on that one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
probably. but I though since I'm doing a trans swap and I need a new x pipe anyway why not throw them on and pick up a few horses and some good sound

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
probably. but I though since I'm doing a trans swap and I need a new x pipe anyway why not throw them on and pick up a few horses and some good sound

That's a good idea while you are there. I'd probably just pick up any short mid-pipe you want then.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I'll pick up a BBK or pypes shorty mid pipe idk whether or not I want an g or x I have an x on it now. I think all shorty mid pipes for longtubes are the same length but I really don't know

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You can get a muffler shop or a car shop to get it to fit if it's shorter or too long. X pipe gives more power by like 3 more hp. H pipe sounds more rumbley like old school muscle cars sound.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I personally like the x pipes over h. I've always used x-pipes.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I personally like the x pipes over h. I've always used x-pipes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts