Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to adjust, I'm needing to raise one up but not sure what to turn. Pics would be very helpful, my Haynes book does not explain well at all. Thanks

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Not sure how to adjust, I'm needing to raise one up but not sure what to turn. Pics would be very helpful, my Haynes book does not explain well at all. Thanks
See the picture below.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can get the special 4mm long wrench from work to aim the lights i did mine
How did you use a wrench to do it? As shown in the picture above, the adjustment screw has a Philips head on it.

I just replaced my headlights, and as far as I can see, this is the only way to adjust the vertical alignment.

You'd think this was some kind of national secret; in 40 minutes of searching, this is the first picture I've seen that even attempts to show the adjustment for a Mustang. Every other site and article just half-assedly refers to "the adjustment screw", or describes where it might be (but, on the Mustang, isn't).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stokestack said:
How did you use a wrench to do it? As shown in the picture above, the adjustment screw has a Philips head on it.

I just replaced my headlights, and as far as I can see, this is the only way to adjust the vertical alignment. And it requires removing the side marker lights to expose the screw.

You'd think this was some kind of national secret; in 40 minutes of searching, this is the first picture I've seen that even attempts to show the adjustment for a Mustang. Every other site and article just half-assedly refers to "the adjustment screw", or describes where it might be (but, on the Mustang, isn't).
Behind the headlight directly behind the Phillips is a 4mm hex head

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LIS-14540/87-98-Mustang-Lisle-Headlight-Adjusting-Wrench

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I'll have to take a look at my old assembly.

I'm pretty sure the screw is the intended adjustment, though. It turns out that you can insert a thin screwdriver between the side marker light and the headlight and adjust the aim without even opening the hood.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Now that I look at mine that's what it seems to do, I was just goin by my dealership that I work at, the workshop manual

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool, thanks. No need to do that for my sake, though; I have Acrobat, and I'll probably also create a Flickr set for general sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts