Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2011 Mustang and was wondering what I would need to do to use LEDs, or white bulbs in general in my headlights as well as fog lights. I am not running the stock headlights I am running the SpecD Dual Halo Projector Headlights and they came with H1 low beam and high beam bulbs. Would I be able to use H1 LED bulbs or white bulbs with these or would I need a conversion kit? Same goes with my fog lights they are the stock lower fog lights which I do not know what bulbs they use as is so would I need a conversion kit for this as well? I do not know how the bulbs work with 2011 Mustangs and what is needing to be done to get White Bulbs to work.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Check out Diode Dynamics web site.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2011 Mustang and was wondering what I would need to do to use LEDs, or white bulbs in general in my headlights as well as fog lights. I am not running the stock headlights I am running the SpecD Dual Halo Projector Headlights and they came with H1 low beam and high beam bulbs. Would I be able to use H1 LED bulbs or white bulbs with these or would I need a conversion kit? Same goes with my fog lights they are the stock lower fog lights which I do not know what bulbs they use as is so would I need a conversion kit for this as well? I do not know how the bulbs work with 2011 Mustangs and what is needing to be done to get White Bulbs to work.
Thanks in advance.
There have been recent advances in LED retrofit tech that accurately mimic the filament locations in a halogen bulb. Look for the thin 2 sided led bulbs that match your specified halogen ones. They seem to focus the beam correctly and plug right in with no mods needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts