Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some new bulbs (gift from eBay) and they say 110 Watts. Is that each or together? I doubt they make 110 watt bulbs but its eBay, so you never know.

I was thinking they're probably 55 watts each, is that to high? They're blue tips and they were less than $15 a set.

I'm worried cause they're high watts and cheap price. So I'm hesitent to put them in.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The stock headlamps are 65/55 W (hi/lo). Without knowing more about the lamps you received, as in what wattage are they really, it is impossible to judge them.

Are there any markings on the lamps, or further information on the packaging?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock headlamps are 65/55 W (hi/lo). Without knowing more about the lamps you received, as in what wattage are they really, it is impossible to judge them.

Are there any markings on the lamps, or further information on the packaging?
On box-
ICBEAMER --9007- 12v100/80W.

Never noticed before. My buddy gave them to me. He sold his mustang couple weeks ago.

So that's what 100watts high beam, 80 low beam? That's way to many watts huh?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Also got fogs. They're 37.5 Watts, to much?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The power supply (fuses) and wiring would support them. However I would be concerned about the switches that were designed to accommodate 65/55 W lamps. 100/80 W is 45 to 50% more power, and that means 50% additional heat that might distort the plastic housings.

Your call, as Dirty Harry said "Do you feel lucky today?".

The stock fog lamps are 27.5 W, but many people run the 37.5 W 893 lamps. It really doesn't matter as the stock fog lights are just cosmetic/toy units anyway. Real fog/driving lamps start at 55 W and go up to 100 W, some higher.

As we get some serious fog here, and before I retired I drove to work at 5:00 am, I replaced the stock fog lights with 100 W Hella projectors:

The stock fuses and wiring can handle this as well...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I know in my old stang i ran 55w hids in my fogs lol...as for a 100w bulb id say your call as well. Imo if you want a brighter light just get hids...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
you know i've read all that before and i'd never give up using HIDs...i've run them in every mustang i've ever owned or ever will own for that matter. it's the first mod i do...and i will always reccomend them

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys and no I'm not running the headlights. I am going to run fogs. They're white light bulbs not blue tip, my bad. I thought it was kinda high Watts. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
blue tips on a halogen bulb usually means it's gonna be a white output..a purple tint usually means a blue hint of output

1 - 10 of 10 Posts