Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using for headlight bulbs besides the OEM bulbs? I can't see at night so I need something bright. Got a set of the Silverstar bulbs and those are not much better. I did not realize that changing these bulbs are such a pain, especially on the passenger side. There is no room over there to see and you have to unscrew the little screw that holds the bulb in.

When I had my Camaro I found some cheap lights on Ebay that worked great. I can't seem to find the same ones for the Mustang.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Led lights are bright and about $50- $100 on amazon. They're plug and play. I use the highest Silverstone ultra and they work great. A lot of cars think I have my brights on when I don't.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
582 Posts
If its a 2013, it came with factory HIDs. Not gonna be any drop-in bulbs that are drastically brighter.
There are the recently released Osram Night Breaker 66340XNB bulbs which are supposed to be brighter, but not much testing is out on them. These are the only ones I'd bother to try, but they are expensive.
Anything LED will be worse.
Anything "cheap on ebay" will be worse.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Then the osram night breakers are the only upgrade. But it will only be a minor upgrade unless your stock bulbs are starting to wear out

·
Registered
56 Posts
If your bulbs are D3S, there is no way that you could have used Silverstar bulbs like your first post says.

Besides trying night breakers like noldevin suggested your only other option would be to open your headlight assemblies and replace the projector with a better unit. You can research all about that at http://www.hidplanet.com also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your bulbs are D3S, there is no way that you could have used Silverstar bulbs like your first post says.

Besides trying night breakers like noldevin suggested your only other option would be to open your headlight assemblies and replace the projector with a better unit. You can research all about that at http://www.hidplanet.com also.
Correct, I should of been more specific. I have Silverstar in my wife's car and I could barely tell the difference.

·
Registered
582 Posts
These are the headlights I took out of the car. I will be putting them back in.
Those are the standard OEM bulbs. The night breakers will be a slight upgrade, but short of opening up the housings and putting a better projector in, you aren't going to get any kind of drastic improvement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are the standard OEM bulbs. The night breakers will be a slight upgrade, but short of opening up the housings and putting a better projector in, you aren't going to get any kind of drastic improvement.
Thanks. I will learn to like the OEM bulbs. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
143 Posts
Definitely LED lights. I got mine on Amazon $50-$75. Changed fog lights and headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Get your LEDs 6000k temperature if you like bright white.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
276 Posts
Really? My OEM HID's are ridiculously bright. To the point that my girl refuses to ever buy another car without them. She has a 15 Taurus with halogens and it's miserable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
No drop-in LEDs are ever going to be any better than the factory HIDs
That being said, the stock projector on these cars is kinda lame. You can run slight upgrade bulbs like the nightbreakers, or you can retrofit a better projector/bulb combo in.
No aftermarket housing currently available is going to offer better lighting, and most of them are leaky junk as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts