Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have covers on my fog lights and the visibility drop by like 60% I need to hids first before I out the covers on my headlights...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sort of related, one of my nissan pathfinder friends installed aftermarket hids and because of the higher position it was blinding other drivers and he had way more light than needed. He used regular 20 percent window tint on the headlight and it killed the glare and gave him a decent light output and it looked bad ass in daylight. I probably wouldnt do this over regular halogens

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought the smoked headlights from raxiom. And they are dark. Out here we don't have road lights and I def notice a difference. It's going to take getting used to.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 7000k bulbs with the covers and it was very dark. I finally took the covers off and just use em for show.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
for newer stangs you can buy headlight tint thats thicker and protects the lights and can be pealed off etc. It does hurt your vision at night so a set of HID"s might help that but I would run a HID projection housing else you can blind people.... but maybe not so bad if behind a good dark tint

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
SpectorV said:
I am sure its not legal to have them on
It varies from state to state!.. I know some places you can't have them on at all!.. Others you can just have them on for "Show purposes" only!.. And yet some states you can have them on only during the day time and have to take them off at night!.. Personally I think they look cool on some cars!.. But as far as how much they affect light output varies from the type of tint/cover and the type of light itself!...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts