Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i flip my high beams all of my lights shut off even my fog lights, this inclueds the high beams themselves.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Well fogs turn off anyways when you flip highs on...but id say its either a fuse or your switch...check both and let us know what you find

·
Registered
598 Posts
The fuse box is under the dash

image-3368296339.png

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
ummm are u sure the high beams arent all at all times? not to insult your intelligence, but i had to ask the dumbest question first sometimes cause trust me if u were a mechanic like me ud wonder about half the ppl who come in for simple things like dash lights not workin and they had the lights dimmed off.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
ummm are u sure the high beams arent all at all times? not to insult your intelligence, but i had to ask the dumbest question first sometimes cause trust me if u were a mechanic like me ud wonder about half the ppl who come in for simple things like dash lights not workin and they had the lights dimmed off.
this actually hurt my head to read :good:

I'm going to assume OP has enough common since to know if his high beams are on or not. If not then he shouldn't be on the road...btw i know some mechanics that i wouldn't even let replace a gas cap due to how much they actually know. :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
this actually hurt my head to read :good:

I'm going to assume OP has enough common since to know if his high beams are on or not. If not then he shouldn't be on the road...btw i know some mechanics that i wouldn't even let replace a gas cap due to how much they actually know. :D
Touche my friend good strike lol plus just comes to show i only skimmed thru the post trying to help and noticed it happens when he goes to high beams that it occurs. As to all the light besides fogs and high beam what other lights go off once u go to high beam? May be a short possible or a fuse

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay my low beams are extermely dim like i feel as if i only have like 60 ft of light. And when i push the switch forward to turn my high beams on my lights completely go off. The amber lights stay on though.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Okay my low beams are extermely dim like i feel as if i only have like 60 ft of light. And when i push the switch forward to turn my high beams on my lights completely go off. The amber lights stay on though.
Ok as someone stated earlier check ur fuse but i would replace the bulbs if anything if replacing the bulb doesnt fix it then u start to look into an electrical issue

·
Registered
301 Posts
You're not running HIDs are you?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I don't think I could b a fuse for the simple reason the it would blow every time he'd turn on his lights and he would obviously have to replace it everything as well so he'd know it is a fuse

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You're not running HIDs are you?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I don't think I could b a fuse for the simple reason the it would blow every time he'd turn on his lights and he would obviously have to replace it everything as well so he'd know it is a fuse
High beams run off a different fuse. Thats y they said to check it. Im home and will probably post up the wiring diagram soon for the high and low beams. See if there is anything that can cause whats goin on

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
96v6 do your high beams work when u just flick the switch back to flash someone, or does it not work high beam at all?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
here is the diagram for the headlights both high and low beams

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
with the lows dimming as well i'm thinking the issue is in the multi-funtion switch now since the fuses are separate...you could open the column up and take a multimeter to the switch and test it when you flip the switch and see what happens

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
with the lows dimming as well i'm thinking the issue is in the multi-funtion switch now since the fuses are separate...you could open the column up and take a multimeter to the switch and test it when you flip the switch and see what happens
Thats what i was thinking and y i asked if his highs work on the flashing mode like if u werw to flash someone with the highs. Im leaning towards the switch as well but i wanna rule out the fuse wirh that little test

1 - 18 of 18 Posts