Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a set of headlights I just purchased for my 94 Stang. They are not straight forward installs like you usually have, but they have a small set of ancillary lights on them that need to be wired. How do I go about wiring them? Any ideas...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You should be able to splice them in.. I'm guessing you talking about something like HID's?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
oh you got ones with leds...just run the red wire to the constant power amber wire and the ground to the headlight ground....simple and will get the job done

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1slosix said:
oh you got ones with leds...just run the red wire to the constant power amber wire and the ground to the headlight ground....simple and will get the job done
So basically black and red to black and red? Cool... Thanks

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yeah but the amber power wire i don't think is red...just use a test light to see what's getting fire when you pull your headlight switch

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1slosix said:
yeah but the amber power wire i don't think is red...just use a test light to see what's getting fire when you pull your headlight switch
I guess I need to get a test light. I do not have one right now.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yes...wire the grounds to where they need to go (i use the headlight ground for things like this)...then uncover one of the turn signal wires that you guess might be the constant power wire. touch the power wire from your headlights to it...if the LEDs light up congrats you found it. if not recover wire then start with another guess....you'l need the headlight knob pulled at least half way out for this test

1 - 10 of 10 Posts