Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headlight bulbs, these any good?

Anyone know if these are any good?

Bulb1 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OWX5rXdWmNo/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=12&g=125500&I=5079007DP&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=

Bulb 2 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OWX5rXdWmNo/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=12&g=125500&I=0269007NW&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=

I just bought new headlights and was wondering if these would be any good to replace the crappy arse "white" bulbs I have in my car now. Also, anyone know of anyplace that might sell these or something like them cheaper (if possible)?

I tried www.mustangtuning.com and www.crossroadzdirect.com but they dont sell the bulbs, just the housing which I already bought (see pic).

Thanks.

Attachments

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
those lamps, well the pic at least, are from ebay.

Don't buy crappy lights, if you buy new ones, make sure they are good. I have "Xenon" blue tinted bulbs, and they suck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yah, I always look at ebay but I like to look at "real stores" first to gather info then go hunting on ebay for em ;). I want a nice bright bulbs because Im sick of the crap soft whites that come with the cars, that and my visability at night is horrible.

Anything you guys could recommend me? Bright, blinding bright (like the bulbs in a Lexus or something).

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
he already has the housing, he just wants new bulbs. I think he has 99+ too...

I don't know if you'll be able to find any bulbs like what you are looking for. I seriously doubt you will get anything like the "blind people a mile down the road" 100% white bulbs like you're thinking about (e.g. lexus). I'm sure that you will find some better than stock bulbs, but don't assume since a "real store" has them they're any better than anything else, cuz I got mine at Best Buy. Friend worked there and some dude returned em cuz he got the wrong size, but they were opened, so he just took em home and gave them to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
WhiteStang99 said:
he already has the housing, he just wants new bulbs. I think he has 99+ too...

I don't know if you'll be able to find any bulbs like what you are looking for. I seriously doubt you will get anything like the "blind people a mile down the road" 100% white bulbs like you're thinking about (e.g. lexus). I'm sure that you will find some better than stock bulbs, but don't assume since a "real store" has them they're any better than anything else, cuz I got mine at Best Buy. Friend worked there and some dude returned em cuz he got the wrong size, but they were opened, so he just took em home and gave them to me.
Yes I only need the bulbs ( I made the changes in my earlier posts) and I have a 2001 Mustang GT (sorry, I removed my sig pic earlier until I get it sized right).

Nah, what I meant about the "real store" was that I like to look at them and gather info on them then Ill turn around and look online / ebay to actualy buy them because they are always cheaper online (well most of the time). Yah, I just really want anything better then what I have now because they suck so damn bad as I cant see anything at night.

I saw those listed at cructhfield and was wondering if those would be any good to get or not is all.?. Thanks ;).

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
oh well, the link i posted still has some sexy headlights

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dark said:
oh well, the link i posted still has some sexy headlights
Yah those are cool looking :D

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
why not try sylvania silverstars. i heard those are bright as hell, and give of a whiter light than the crappy stock soft whites. or you could always go to youre local ricer auto store and get those hyper white bulbs. however, sacraficing the better visability at night for the better looking blue light it emits. but if youre not worried about people talking smack about youre "stock" bulbs, then id go silverstars. if you like to look like you got some competition under the hood, then the blue ones. that was a joke btw.

·
Registered
574 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
why not try sylvania silverstars. i heard those are bright as hell, and give of a whiter light than the crappy stock soft white
I've got Sylvania Silverstars. They are white. Everyone says they light up the road better than the stock bulbs... To them, I say: You are a ****ing liar.

But they look sahweet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yah I saw the silverstars at walmart today. Im going to go back up there and see what else they have. As long as I can see better then I can now I dont care lol. Though I think my stock headlight housing could be the problem. They are carbon fiber but it looks like they are shot from the inside, as I looks like they arent sealed correctly.

Ill get a pic so you can see what I mean but man do they suck at night. My new headlight housing should be a lot better as the whole housing is black/carbon but the front "glass" is clear (uncolored). We will see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
just a question, but why do youre lenses look purplish/blue?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
"Purple headlight lenses... Now I've seen everything."

Nope, they arent blue or purple. Just the way the lighting was I suppose, but what I was talking about is that "film" on the inside of the housing. Its killing the light output. Yah that pic looks kind of strange lol.

Heres a better pic below.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts