Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 stang and I just notice that my headlights have a haze on them. I took them off and shot some water into it to see if that would wash it a way, but no luck. Can anyone help with this trouble?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's from the sun..it fades the headlights and messes them up. I don't believe anyone has figured out how to fix this short of just buying new headlights..sorry man.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is it on the outside or the inside of the plastic? Mine has that haze too thats why I was asking you about the tinted headlight covers. If its on the inside of the plastic then its moisture and you need to reseal them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The haze is in the inside of the plastic. I shot water into the inside of the headlight and than dryed it, but the haze was still there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It has to be moisture that has dried and caused a haze. What happened is you had moisture in there and then after time turning the lights on and heating it up you were drying layers of it to you headlight. Your best bet is to buy some new ones. Its an expensive thing but its the best way. Trying to clean them is going to be a pain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've heard you can sandpaper it off, but it takes awhile and you have to be really careful. You need different grains of sandpaper, starting with larger first, and you need to have the lights moist as well. Its the cheap fix, but its not 100% safe or assured to work.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You also have to have the sand paper on basically the end of stick unless you take your headlight apart...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
When I buy new ones I'll put mine up for sale so all you ppl can have a chance at new headlights lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use wax and I have heard that it does work. But since you already have it on there the wax wont do any good. Dont think that anything else would either without getting new ones.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
V6STANG007 said:
I tried that, it does not work
hey ~ where did you get that stripe for your hood, also did you apply it right over the clearcoat? does it get bubbles after some time?
sorry to get off topic

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It should just be a piece of vinyl. If you apply it correctly and it's good quality it should last 4-5 years or more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts