Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is. Thought my headlight switch was bad. I would have to wiggle it to get dash lights and headlights at the same time. Replaced it and same issue. This time is shorted the battery any suggestions? i am pulling the whole dash today. I will fin d and kill the gremlin in my car. For those who have seen my posts before i thinking of changing the cars name to frankenstang due to all mismatched bs the previous owners did.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yet again. Found a mess of wiring in the dash that makes no sense. Cuts splices mixed up wires. Time to solder and replace.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this? Its not in the wiring diagram and i have a factory cluster. Car had a viper system but I pulled it (wired wrong go figure)

ForumRunner_20121216_121235.png

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well I hope that you like fixing stuff and it isn't your dd. But hey that's the best way to learn your car, I know I like doing it! Good luck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Jar72, read your prof man. Retirement car? I did the same. I'm Army infantry (22+). Good luck with the rewiring job. Go fast when your done.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks las97gt. I think its all done cant find any shorts at all. And everything works again.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
if you wiggled the switch and it temporarily fixed the issue, its most likely the wiring coming off of it. your gonna have to use wiring cpshemarics and chase the problem. of course starting at the switch. make sure each wire that is suppose to gets voltage when it is suppose to. then check all the wires with voltage with continuity to ground with power off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts