Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to remove the silver thing that covers the bulb on the stock headlights?? If so will it make the lights any brighter??

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ajmt719 said:
Any way to remove the silver thing that covers the bulb on the stock headlights?? If so will it make the lights any brighter??
That is what reflects the light into the housing...kinda important.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking, any way to make my headlights brighter without an HID kit?....I have the silverstar 9007 zxe bulbs (supposedly the brightest legal lights) in now but they're not much stronger than the factory bulbs

·
Registered
83 Posts
Silverstars are a waste of money...

If Smoked/tinted = HID
If can't HID = don't smoke or tint.

Speaking from experience, Silverstars are not brighter for the money you spend... and if you can't use HIDs in your county, don't use tinted/smoked housings (kinda intuitive, if you're worried about HID laws, most counties also penalize for smoked/tinted heads as well)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ajmt719 said:
That's what I was thinking, any way to make my headlights brighter without an HID kit?....I have the silverstar 9007 zxe bulbs (supposedly the brightest legal lights) in now but they're not much stronger than the factory bulbs
Then you're doing it wrong... I can install a pair of factory vs silverstars and take a picture. Huge difference.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
it's what i've always run...and currently in both my head and fogs lol
What color temp do you run? Have some pics? Im looking at em, but dont really know which one to go with. I want a mostly white, bright, with only the slightest hint of blue. I dont need any crazy blue or purple head lights.

And which bulbs do the fogs use? I might as well get em for those as well.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
880 fogs....9007 headlights

i run 6k's...but you might want 5k's since you want white

here's my fogs...i run a 55w fog and a 35w headlight...some people are scared of 55w in fogs because they can melt if they over heat but i never have an issue

and my headlights

like i said for white you'll want a 5k

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts