Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen these or possibly bought a set? They really look cool and if they sounded decent I'd buy a set just to have them to show off at a car show or even just wear around. Pretty cool really !

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Beats by Dre are just a gimmicky branding of very poor quality headphones. Bose have ok sound canceling, but are not the best by any means, and their earbuds suck, I had them. Sennheiser, Phonak, AKG are some of the better ones. I personally have a pair or Munitios and love them. They are by far the best headphones I have ever used.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Beats by Dre are just a gimmicky branding of very poor quality headphones. Bose have ok sound canceling, but are not the best by any means, and their earbuds suck, I had them. Sennheiser, Phonak, AKG are some of the better ones. I personally have a pair or Munitios and love them. They are by far the best headphones I have ever used.
You clearly have never actually owned any Beats. My Pros are all aluminum and steel, nothing cheap about them. Bose also makes high quality products.
Munitions are bullet shell casings, that is gimmicky... The Sennheiser are the only headphones you listed the rest are cheap ear buds... Don't hate on good stuff.. The only REAL knock on Beats or Bose is price.. And that's not a knock for everyone clearly.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You clearly have never actually owned any Beats. My Pros are all aluminum and steel, nothing cheap about them. Bose also makes high quality products.
Munitions are bullet shell casings, that is gimmicky... The Sennheiser are the only headphones you listed the rest are cheap ear buds... Don't hate on good stuff.. The only REAL knock on Beats or Bose is price.. And that's not a knock for everyone clearly.
Not gonna start a war with you, I know what I know. And yes the shell casing is gimmicky, but they are amazing, and you can't say that having a burnt out rappers name isn't gimmicky. For the money you can find far more supirior. Maybe the pros are good, but the studios and the earbuds are bad, o have used both. I have only used the Bose earbuds for a long period and they aren't very good. Munitios are by far the best headphones I have ever used. When I got it I heard new instruments in my music due to the clarity. It is just my $0.02 but I'm entitled to it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Not gonna start a war with you, I know what I know. And yes the shell casing is gimmicky, but they are amazing, and you can't say that having a burnt out rappers name isn't gimmicky. For the money you can find far more supirior. Maybe the pros are good, but the studios and the earbuds are bad, o have used both. I have only used the Bose earbuds for a long period and they aren't very good. Munitios are by far the best headphones I have ever used. When I got it I heard new instruments in my music due to the clarity. It is just my $0.02 but I'm entitled to it.
No intention of a war.. I OWN iBeats as well, and they jam. I don't care who's name is on them, they are made by Monster and they make good stuff, cables etc. Monster also has a lower line available at Walmart and the reviews on them are outstanding as well. I agree to disagree but can't let someone knock on the quality of Monster or Bose. You don't reach their status in this market on gimmick alone, especially at their price. if they were bad they would not be selling or still in business at the price point. :good: enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Go to head-fi and check some reviews on bose and beats. They are all overpriced for what they are. They are fine consumer grade but they are no where near audiophile level.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Then if you like em use em. There not the best and they cost a lot more than there worth but if you like em the what's it matter.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Then if you like em use em. There not the best and they cost a lot more than there worth but if you like em the what's it matter.
After doing some searching on the site you recommend and google there are reviews all the way across the spectrum on virtually all diff kinds of headphones. The ppl on head-Fi lean heavily toward site sponsors, which is very common.. Like here(myself included) most everyone will point you towards AM, and for good reasons.. I did find interesting articles from Time mag, and PC World..
When it comes down to it, it's all about personal preferences and intended use coupled with previous experience. Like you stated as long as the purchaser(you or I) are happy with your purchase then that's all that matters. :good:

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Has anybody seen these or possibly bought a set? They really look cool and if they sounded decent I'd buy a set just to have them to show off at a car show or even just wear around. Pretty cool really !
Those headphones look really cool! Any idea who makes them?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Go to head-fi and check some reviews on bose and beats. They are all overpriced for what they are. They are fine consumer grade but they are no where near audiophile level.[/QUOTE

+1 Exactly, overpriced for what they are. Why would you settle for consumer grade? Especially at that price. I want the best of the best.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts