Mustang Evolution Forum banner

headrests..

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Funky4.6VERT 
#1 ·
The headrests in my 02 are all but useless, they go up one stop, and its' still like there's no headrest there.. are they just for looks or something? I can lean my head back a good ways before I hit it - it's a definite recipe for whiplash!

anyhow.. any way the 'tilt headrests' on the 40th anniversary mustang would just swap in? any chance they come in gray leather? how hard would it be to swap..?

Any other headrest options out there?

I like the tilt headrests in my 89 :D would be nice to have the same in the 02..

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Trust me, Mustang headrests are definitely a recipe for whiplash. I was at a dead stop and got hit from behind by a drunk driver going 45+ running from the cops. Hit me so hard my stereo popped out of the dash. Couldn't move my neck for 2 weeks. Not quite sure about a solution, but I'd love to hear of one.....

#4 ·
I wouldn't see why they wouldn't just swap in...its not like an engine swap or anything. hardest thing about it would be finding them. And they have the same color interior in 02-04 so color shouldn't be an issue. Cobras come with them as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.