Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am havin he'll trying to find heads for my 97 mustang, would it be better to take the ones that are on my car to a machine shop and have some work done on them?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If you have the cash just pick up a set of pi heads. Good hp pickup too. Buddy made 49 more hp and 15tq on his pi swap.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Trickflow makes some good heads for the 4.6

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disregard last post didn't see the link. Is this something I could do or would it be wise to take it to a shop

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Its definitely a very involved job and you must have a good understanding of what your doing in this. Not impossible but set aside a good amount of time.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you have any doubt in your ability to do the swap, take my advice and take it to a shop. A pi swap is a little more involved than what most people have experience doing. However its also not rocket science, you could yourself but I wouldn't recommend trying it unless your ok with your car sitting for a while until its done. Also be realistic about your ability to do the swap, do I have the proper tools and even space to put the car inside while I have the engine apart? I hope that this doesnt discourage you from buying a PI kit, the best performance upgrade your engine could ever receive is a PI swap, aside from a power adder. If you have even the smallest amount of mods on your car the PI swap will put you in the 13's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about cams if I am going to have the heads off I might as well put new cams on right or will I have to go through the bottom end and upgrade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts