Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showed up to my local 1/8th mile drag strip last Friday to get some runs in. Well... my 3rd race of the night, I was pitted against a 2015 McLaren 650S. We were in completely different brackets, but hands down the best race I will ever lose.

I ran an 8.9 and the McLaren ran an 8.2. I have moderate bolt ons while he is stock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should've just run him about the first 60 foot. Looks like you had him till then. Must've been kinda fun to run a McLaren.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should've just run him about the first 60 foot. Looks like you had him till then. Must've been kinda fun to run a McLaren.
He only ran a few times that night - just couldn't hook up on that untreated track. Once he did gain traction tho, he was pulling harder than anyone else on the track that night. Nonetheless, I'll probably never get to race another supercar of that caliber, until I manage to get in the drivers seat of one myself. What an adrenaline rush...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Awesome. Win or lose going up against it had to be awesome. I love the feeling when the car pulls up next to you. lights start going green... aaahh.. gotta go back soon

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Win or lose going up against it had to be awesome. I love the feeling when the car pulls up next to you. lights start going green... aaahh.. gotta go back soon
That was my second time at the strip... went back to back weekends. Totally addicted man, this **** is awesome!!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
He only ran a few times that night - just couldn't hook up on that untreated track. Once he did gain traction tho, he was pulling harder than anyone else on the track that night. Nonetheless, I'll probably never get to race another supercar of that caliber, until I manage to get in the drivers seat of one myself. What an adrenaline rush...
Do Shift S3ctor. Its a 1/2 mile race. I see you are in SoCal, they have a few events a year in that area. Its mostly exotics that go. And not stock ones at that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do Shift S3ctor. Its a 1/2 mile race. I see you are in SoCal, they have a few events a year in that area. Its mostly exotics that go. And not stock ones at that.
Thanks for the 411, haven't heard of them prior. That looks like a wild experience, racing or just watching. I'm bummed I just missed the April event... going to make plans to spectate the October event. :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's awesome. I'd love to race a McLaren even though I'd get smoked. This kinda reminded of when my cousin ran against a 9 second GTR for some reason. He has a stock 2016 Challenger R/T, he ran a 14 it was his first time racing too haha poor guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts