Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so it has gotten cold here in the mornings and the heat isn't working as well as I would think it should. It is cold at first, then after about 8-10 minutes is gets Luke warm ish. Then it will be mildly warm after about 16 minutes, but it never goes past that. Could it be heater core? Or what?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It running at normal temp? At least 180°-190°. What tstat u have in it? If its not warming up to normal that will cause the heat to not be great. If its the heater core u should have some kind of leak in the passenger floor board. If the tstat is stuck ur car will try to run hot n not allow water to circulate causing heater not to work properly.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It running at normal temp? At least 180°-190°. What tstat u have in it? If its not warming up to normal that will cause the heat to not be great. If its the heater core u should have some kind of leak in the passenger floor board. If the tstat is stuck ur car will try to run hot n not allow water to circulate causing heater not to work properly.
This happened to me too, I replaced my thermostat (easy) but my fan clutch is locked so it always spins... my heat still isn't great and it's cold up hear too. I really only get good operating temps cruising on the highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts