Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"]How are your heated seats,
Mine turn on take 5 or so minutes to heat up, stay on for little bit, then turns off and starts process all over again. It's not constant. Are yours all the same? I've been in other vehicles, and they were a constant heat or it's too hot where I need to turn it down

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
American cars always have these thermo and/or time regulated "safety seats" so, you don't burn your ass. Most Japanese and German cars ass-ume you can figure out how hot you want your ass and use rheostatic control.

That said, they work fine for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
dj_james123 said:
"]How are your heated seats,
Mine turn on take 5 or so minutes to heat up, stay on for little bit, then turns off and starts process all over again. It's not constant. Are yours all the same? I've been in other vehicles, and they were a constant heat or it's too hot where I need to turn it down
Mine takes maybe two minutes to burn the s*** out of my back even with a shirt and hoodie on. It stays that warm for as long as I leave it on as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine takes maybe two minutes to burn the s*** out of my back even with a shirt and hoodie on. It stays that warm for as long as I leave it on as well.
+1 mine get warm within 3 minutes and stay on until I can't take it anymore. But I have only used them 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same with me takes about 2 minutes to heat up and I turn it off after 5, but I keep my passengers for my gf since she's always cold

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds about right. The '07 I had the warmer was rather weak but eventually effective. My '10 F-150 Lariat has three settings: warm, roast, incinerate. I'm glad it has the butt cooler option, but as everyone learns do not break wind with the cooler fans on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
+1 mine get warm within 3 minutes and stay on until I can't take it anymore. But I have only used them 2 or 3 times.
+2 - they get pretty hot quickly. We have had a cold winter so mine have been used almost every time that I have driven the car. The one setting seems about right to be useful. My Pontiac G8 had three settings - Very Hot, Extremely Hot and Stupid Crazy Hot. The Mustang temp seems about the same as my wife's Jeep, and about the same amount of time to heat up (+/- 2 minutes).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts