Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, the other day I was getting on interstate giving it a fair ammount of throttle, saw a ton of smoke and smelt coolant and i knew one of my hoses blew. It turns out the plastic on the heater core intlet/outlet (not sure which one it is, could anyone verify?) Has a big crack on it. The car must have stopped circulating coolant because I added more just trying to make it home and it overheated within 5 min even after I let it cool down a few hours.

Can I just replace the plastic connector? Do I need a new hose, and if so does this one route behind the motor in a hard to get to place? Any advice would he much appreciated!

2001 3.8 mustang, 250K mi. and I've had the keys since 100K

Attachments

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
The entire hose will need to be replaced.
I'm not sure which hose that is; but it may go to the rear of the intake manifold. It should be accessible.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is the heater core hose to the right, could anyone confirm where this hose goes to? Im not able to find information online and my haynes manual is M.I.A.

Edit: the hose is the shorter of the 2 and does look like it goes to my intake. Can ayone comfirm if this is the outlet or inlet hose? I am trying to locate this hose but advanced auto only shows the hose and does include the connector. I can always hose clamp it on but id like to have the connector if possible. Is their a better place online to check for these parts? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I can narrow it down further if you like.... It either goes to the intake manifold, or the water pump.

I don't have a six cylinder in my car, otherwise I would walk outside (in the rain:(), open the hood of my car, locate the heater hose in question, follow it through the maze of wires, hoses and tubing, and find out exactly where that heater hose terminates.

I would do that for you Iryan7, but I cannot. It is up to you to solve the mystery of whether the heater hose connects to the intake manifold, or the water pump. Use any means at your disposal.... A flashlight and a mirror can come in handy sometimes. You may even have to move something out of the way to gain access.... I don't know.

The only thing that I am absolutely positive about is, I am confident that if you go out to your car and set your mind to following that broken hose to wherever it connects to, you will indeed be able to answer your own question without the need of any assistance from the internet, or a repair manual.

Let us know what you find.
Good luck!
:thumb:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why not just take your picture into a Ford dealer and show it to a parts guy and ask him what it is and how much a new one costs. Or you might start at an auto parts store, they will usually have a schematic of the starting and end point of the hose.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Confirmed that it is in fact the outlet, I have it on the way [hose with the factory connector] and will be picking it up tomorrow morning and will hopefully have the hose replaced tomorrow as well. I appreciate everyones help.

Its been a great car but if everything goes well ill have a 2011-14 GT sitting in my driveway in the next month or two to start the next chapter of my mustang evolution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts