Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am a very new owner of a 97 mustang GT - and it seems the previous owner did some things to it which I don’t understand and I’m trying to figure out.

The heater isn’t working so I’m trying to troubleshoot that issue and as I’m looking into flushing the heater core I found that both of the heater hoses have been disconnected from where they would go through the firewall to the heater core, and instead it looks like the previous owner rigged up some way of bypassing the heater core all together.

Any ideas why a person would’ve done this and whether or not I would be able to re-plug the hoses into the heater core at this point or would I need to replace the entire heater core to resolve this issue?

also as I was troubleshooting the heater not working I checked the thermostat and was shocked to find the car had no thermostat in it! It drove smooth for the three hours it took to get home and didn’t overheat or anything (although it is winter time in the Pacific Northwest where I live right now and fairly chilly)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I bet the heater core was leaking or clogged up.

Reactions: straybullitt
1 - 2 of 2 Posts