Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heater house blew off the intake manifold and theres like half of the plastic that the house goes on can i replace it? Or what can i do

·
Registered
540 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2000 gt. mine broke at the base of the nipple so I could not use it. Also the plastic in the nipple area was weak and brittle. You might get away with just putting it back on if the remaining nipple is not brittle. The beat thing to do is order a new manifold and replace it. I couldn't do the work myself because I just had knee surgery so I had to take mine to a shop. They charged me 300 to replace the intake. You will need intake, intake gasket, thermostat and gasket a new heater hose and new radiator fluid to do the job rite. If you a good with tools and have the time you can do the repair yourself. Plus while you have the intake off it would be a good time to clean the engine up and maybe replace the valve cover gaskets if they leak a little. Good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same thing happened to my 2000 gt. mine broke at the base of the nipple so I could not use it. Also the plastic in the nipple area was weak and brittle. You might get away with just putting it back on if the remaining nipple is not brittle. The beat thing to do is order a new manifold and replace it. I couldn't do the work myself because I just had knee surgery so I had to take mine to a shop. They charged me 300 to replace the intake. You will need intake, intake gasket, thermostat and gasket a new heater hose and new radiator fluid to do the job rite. If you a good with tools and have the time you can do the repair yourself. Plus while you have the intake off it would be a good time to clean the engine up and maybe replace the valve cover gaskets if they leak a little. Good luck.
I was losing anti freeze when i first got my car , found out the heater hose wasn't fully on. So i put it back on a month or two ago. Last night car wasn't warmed up i was ina rush antifreeze shot all over my windshield. I clamped it back on and it stills holding. When i get home from work I'm gonna see how bad it is. I was gonna try and pipe it and seal it and clamp the hose on to it don't know if it'll work but it seems like its worth a try. If not ill get the new intake. Im gonna take a picture as well, its a decent amount that the hose is connected too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts