Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on this forum have one? I have an opportunity to purchase a used one. This is what it comes with:
kit single turbo pour mustang gt 5.0 coyote 2011 a 2014, turbo précision 6766 with wheel billet, upgrade blow-off valve turbosmart and maf pro-m, injectors dynamics id1000, boost a pump jms .
I will be doing the install myself.
Your thoughts please. This would be my first experience with FI.
Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Also have you ever installed a turbo kit before? They aren't exactly the easiest form of FI to install. If you're a beginner I'd suggest a top mount roots blower like a Roush, VMP, Whipple, etc. Much easier to install.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never installed any FI, only did engine swaps and trannies on the fox bodies. There is not much in the used market for FI as of now. The only thing I saw was the turbo kit. The guy didn't want to provide any dyno chart or 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There's usually plenty of paxton/vortech and roush kits around at very reasonable prices. Try checking the market in a few other forums, or some of the larger mustang facebook groups like anything coyote or coyote craigslist.
A supercharger kit will generally be much less headache than a turbo kit, especially if you're installing yourself.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Helion single versus supercharger

Yes, at the price point there are a number of vortek/procharger/rousch kits available.
I plan on going procharger stage II, but with the upgrades the shop recommended its going to get close to 10K with me doing the install.
So recognize that you may not be happy with some of the kits once installed because they didn't address a number of things that may come up or hinder performance/limit potential down the road.
As many have found with the hellion single turbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts