Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down you go, with a lot less hp...this is whatcha call a hole shot win and proof you can't buy experience. :)

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reload the page, its working for me. It's not a link, it's uploaded to ME.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
It doesn't play on my phone. I guess I will have to take a look later.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad...it's a good race, he was catching up by the end but, not enough real estate.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Did the Hellkitty trap 121? If so, that is the slowest hellcat I have ever seen. Most trap around 124 - 128 MPH.

Still good run in your Mustang. Any idea what your 1/8 was? Looked like it came off the line nicely.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yep, 121. Even with auto, you still need to know what you are doing and, the air wasn't great that night either. I too, have seen many Hellcats do better than this guy did, at this same track. He seemed to be trying hard but, maybe I had him demoralized, lol.

1/8th was ok, 7.42 at 96.58. The car still leaves too soft, bc of the stock torque converter. 1.7 60 here. Obviously I can still cut an ok light, which was the source of the win here.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
6.4 pounds/hp for the Hellcat v. 8-9 pounds/hp for an unassisted Mustang should make this no contest for the Hellcat...even with 100 shot like I'm using here, I'm still down on power to weight compared to the HC and, that's where I needed to beat him at the lights and I did.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wait 'til they get a new platform and more HP in 2018. The kitty will grow up.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I may just up the shot to 150 and shoot for 10s on my stock car; I figure if the 100 took a second off, the additional 50 may give me the 1/2 need for 10s :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I have no experience at 1/4 mile racing but I thought reaction time was not included in the ET. Thought the start of the ET was tripped by the sensor at the start line.:hide:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
????

Reaction time determines who left first when the lights go down. I dropped-kicked this guy and that's what often wins races, not the ultimate ET each car pulls.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If this would've been a street race, he would've beat the Hellcat and no one would say "Oh, but the Hellcat didn't take off till afterwards, doesn't count rematch".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice kill!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Upload the video to YouTube so we can all see it.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't need one until they tell me I do, hehe...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
If I saw the times correctly, the Hellcat was faster. You outperformed the Charger though. They had to run you down, and ran out of room.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, that's correct...you can't buy skill as an option with your 80k Dodge.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts