Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this kit about a week and a half ago. Been working on it since. Currently about 30ish hours in. First time I've done an install like this. Decided to make a post to answer any questions anyone may have about it. Will update regularly until its done, will also post photos along the way along with a review of the entire process afterwards.

So far I have the headers on, everything heat wrapped, and about to get the passenger side turbo placed. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469619102.799720.jpg

Here are some other various photos I've taken along the way. Radiator supported by a 4x4 lol
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469619154.901213.jpg kit completely spread out
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469619174.571353.jpg side oil tap
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469619228.012045.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man! Definitely a lot more involved than I thought. Hardest part is fitment. zero space what so ever haha

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Yep, been down this road before, many times. Made my own twin turbo kit for an old-style pushrod 5.0 once. Not quite as nice as this one, since I got all the parts out of a junkyard and scrap pile, lol.

Always advising people, make sure you know what you ar getting into with a turbo install. It isn't a small job and there is lots of fangling involved, even with a "kit".

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, been down this road before, many times. Made my own twin turbo kit for an old-style pushrod 5.0 once. Not quite as nice as this one, since I got all the parts out of a junkyard and scrap pile, lol.

Always advising people, make sure you know what you ar getting into with a turbo install. It isn't a small job and there is lots of fangling involved, even with a "kit".

Thats crazy. I'd love to see some of the old school garage builds haha. But yeah overall these kits aren't bad. Everything is there, no cutting or splicing. Just lots and lots of moving and relocating.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So tonight was a bit of a let down. Accidentally broke the clip on my alternator. Should be fixed by Monday at a local shop. To put the oil feed lines in you basically have to take off your oil filter, alternator, and take off some of the lower radiator lines just to tighten it. You may be able to avoid this step if you have baby hands. I unfortunately do not have baby hands. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469751802.697759.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469751815.797259.jpg

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today I got the passenger side turbo mounted and the intercooler in. Noticed the A/C line was still touching the header which was a big no no. Tried to move it and it split in my hand. Looks like I'll be back at Ford on Monday buying a new return line fitting. Can't wait to see how much its gonna cost me to recharge the A/C system when this is said and done. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469910731.019358.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469910742.183786.jpg

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I had to move it too for my Vortech install on my last car. Supported the bottom of the pipe against the frame with a bit of wood and then pried it away. That spread the load so it didn't crack, like it would had I just heaved on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts