Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came to the store and I forgot my keys inside
Any thing I can do besides spending 60 bucks on a lockssmith?

·
Registered
108 Posts
You could always bust your window...
In all seriousness might be best to call a locksmith so you dont damage anything

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Then go and have a couple extra keys made. And stash them somewhere with a reall close friend or family member.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get a magnetic key box from the hardware store and stash a spare up under the car where you can get to it...that way you can save yourself a call or a locksmith next time. You never know when you'll need it, or if you'll have access to a phone (if that's not in the car too!).

·
Registered
117 Posts
LOL happened to me once but thankfully the car was on my driveway. I used a hangar and after about 30-40 mins of playing with it I got it unlocked!

My car only came with one key, so I programmed a couple of spare remotes in case it happens again.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Get a magnetic key box from the hardware store and stash a spare up under the car where you can get to it...that way you can save yourself a call or a locksmith next time. You never know when you'll need it, or if you'll have access to a phone (if that's not in the car too!).
+1 just make sure not to get it programmed. That way nobody can steal the car if they find the key.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I've locked mine inside like 4 times until I finally got an extra set of keys. As for unlocking it yourself there is a tool (like a plastic pry tool) that you jam in between the seal and window that you get enough space that you can use a hanger to tug on the cable to unlock it. Hope that's clear and helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts