Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my car to a track day/ school and i need a helmet, what would be best full or half face helmets? Is a full face helmet uncomfortable??
Which one do u guys have??

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think Bell Helmets would be a good choice. An open-face would suffice, unless you have a preference for a full-face model.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Yes an open face is what I use when I go track my car im able to see better than with my motorcycle helmet

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Venomouz831 said:
Yes an open face is what I use when I go track my car im able to see better than with my motorcycle helmet
Yea i have a motorcycle helmet and i cant imagine driving a car with it.

What have you guy hear about HOOKED ON DRIVING school????

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I use a full face motorcycle helmet, have for years. You get used to it

·
Registered
598 Posts
You could look into the touring car models. Kind of a blend of the open face & full face. My old Bell is way dated out, so I need to get a new one & am looking at those myself.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
claudermilk said:
You could look into the touring car models. Kind of a blend of the open face & full face. My old Bell is way dated out, so I need to get a new one & am looking at those myself.
Im look for those!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
McQueen said:
Yea i have a motorcycle helmet and i cant imagine driving a car with it.

What have you guy hear about HOOKED ON DRIVING school????
Sorry didn't understand the last sentence

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hooded on driving school is a track day event with a teacher next to you and also they teach inside a class room, and its basically the whole day from 7 to 5. And i wanted to know if anyone had ever done it.
It is at a road course track not the drag strip..

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
McQueen said:
Hooded on driving school is a track day event with a teacher next to you and also they teach inside a class room, and its basically the whole day from 7 to 5. And i wanted to know if anyone had ever done it.
It is at a road course track not the drag strip..
Oh dang that's some serious stuff. I'm talking about auto cross and road course like laguna seca.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Venomouz831 said:
Oh dang that's some serious stuff. I'm talking about auto cross and road course like laguna seca.
I love Laguna Seca , i when this summer and it was awesome. Too bad i live in Miami so i couldnt take my car :(
The whole day with food and drinks is only $299.
They say they could shave off 15 seconds off your lap in that school.

Do i need a helmet for auto-x??

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
claudermilk said:
Yes. Just get a good current SA-rated helmet & you should be good for both autox and track days. FYI, if you haven't found them yet, Racer Wholesale & Pegasus have good pricing on race gear. This is the helment I'm looking at right now: Full-Face Helmets - G-Force Modified Full Face Helmet- SA2010 Rating
Wow that is a good price!!! I haven't order it yet but i might go with that one.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
McQueen said:
I love Laguna Seca , i when this summer and it was awesome. Too bad i live in Miami so i couldnt take my car :(
The whole day with food and drinks is only $299.
They say they could shave off 15 seconds off your lap in that school.

Do i need a helmet for auto-x??
Yes you do

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a full face helmet and I like it :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Full face. They're expensive so buy one that is good up to 8 seconds or whatever their 'range' is.

Uncomfortable? If you have a big ass head like me, yes lol

At Atco, you need a full face once you do a 12.99 or better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts