Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sitting in my mustang for 5 hours now trying to pull out the factory radio to install a new one and it will not budge. I bought the removal tool and the radio still will not come out. Someone please help...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! I bought it from auto zone or 7 bucks and the guy said it was so easy to do his kid could do it.. And he couldnt

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Try popping that outer trim off. It might be overlapping the stereo. Also, wiggle those pins left and right. They might not be releasing the clips properly. It may just need a good tug on the clips to get it loose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh we have given it a tug alright... And it will not come out. We also tried popping the trim off but only the two clips on the tip by the air vents will pop but the bottom wont

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are screws, we took them out. Then the stereo moves left to right but not out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We already tried that but it wont come out...it seems as though the bottom cd player holds it in

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, not budging. Same as the top radio

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I'm about to just give up. Nobody can get this thing out and or knows how.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine was a Mach 460 out of a 2004 but as I remember, I had to remove the trim around the shifter first(should pop out with a screwdriver), then I could remove the trim around the radio and air vents(1 piece). My stereo was held in by those clamps that require the hook tool and additional screws that are under the trim piece around the radio. That might be the case but yours is a different year. Hope that helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same video I watched. We even tried the nail method....I'm seriously so aggravated

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

When I try to pop the trim off the top clips by the air vents come off but the bottom two won't
Pop out down by the cd player

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can't take the trim off till the radio is out because off the torx screw behind the radio. The easiest way to get the radio out is to insert the tools till you hear a click if you push the clips too far the radio won't release. When you hear the click push driver side tool toward the drivers door and passenger side toward passenger door and pull radio out. If you still can't get it out get a putty knife under the radio and wiggle.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Mine was a ***** too. I ended up taking it to the geek squad cuz I got so annoyed I was going to break some part of something in there. Even they had trouble with it tho and they do it every day lol. Removal tool sucks ass tbh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts