Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My 2013 mustang gt is closing up to 100k I been keeping up with maintenance, but I’m currently freaking out about the engine start going bad or breaking down on me. Does anyone had similar experience? Should I be worried about anything? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Welcome aboard.
Are you worried that the starter motor might be failing? How old is your battery?
Starters are easy to replace if you want peace of mind.

https://mustangforums.com/how-tos/a/ford-mustang-gt-2005-2014-how-to-replace-starter-405742

I’m more worried about the general things that could go wrong with my engine. I just want to know how far in miles could my engine go before major problems start to pop out.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
You mean out of hundreds of parts in your engine, which has the greatest chance of failure?

All of them.
None of them.

I have an engine with more than 400k miles on it.
I have seen engines fail at less than 1000 miles.

It sounds like you have been taking good care of your car. Continue what you have been doing, and try not to worry about what may happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean out of hundreds of parts in your engine, which has the greatest chance of failure?

All of them.
None of them.

I have an engine with more than 400k miles on it.
I have seen engines fail at less than 1000 miles.

It sounds like you have been taking good care of your car. Continue what you have been doing, and try not to worry about what may happen.

Thank you! I’m just trying to keep my car at it’s best shape, making sure it last me a while.

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me when I think of how an empty body shell is placed on a assembly line, rolls along recieving hundreds of different components, comprised of thousands of parts, supplied by hundreds of vendors, installed by hundreds of different people... And when it rolls out of the other side of the factory a few hours later, it is a running, working car that you can get in, turn the key, and drive.
It's a wonder that they don't have more problems than they do, but modern cars are very reliable, and 100k miles is really just sort of "middle-aged" for a automobile nowadays. Particularly, one that has been well maintained.

You might review which services that are recommended at 100k, in your owners manual, and make sure everything is up to date. Otherwise, I can't think of anything in particular that consistently becomes a problem at 100k.

Good luck!
And keep enjoying your Mustang!
:thumb:

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have read where some dealers refuse to change the spark plugs out if there's 100k miles on the plugs. This is due to the plugs basically freezing inside the heads making it almost impossible to replace them. Mechanics that attempted to do so would sometimes break the plugs off thus creating a big problem. Some solutions were to put diesel fuel around the plugs and let it sit for a couple of days. Another was to use some sort of bolt loosening fluid and again let it sit for a couple of days. The best solution I read was to change your plugs long before reaching the 100k mark.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have read where some dealers refuse to change the spark plugs out if there's 100k miles on the plugs. This is due to the plugs basically freezing inside the heads making it almost impossible to replace them. Mechanics that attempted to do so would sometimes break the plugs off thus creating a big problem. Some solutions were to put diesel fuel around the plugs and let it sit for a couple of days. Another was to use some sort of bolt loosening fluid and again let it sit for a couple of days. The best solution I read was to change your plugs long before reaching the 100k mark.
I think this spark plug breakage problem only applies to 4.6L GTs. With the Coyote engine they changed to a one-piece plug that’s not likely to break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think this spark plug breakage problem only applies to 4.6L GTs. With the Coyote engine they changed to a one-piece plug that’s not likely to break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
AFAIK, it’s just the 05-08’s that have this problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts