Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not sure you'd want to do that if you can. The fuses protect your vital electronics from surges and whatnot. A blown fuse is a heck of a lot cheaper and easier to replace than a computer. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Without knowing your situation... No. Everything from variable valve timing, distributor, throttle body and fuel injection is handled by your computer. That requires a fuse box not only to protect its self but also to act as a junction for some systems. Even if you found a way to power the computer, it would probably see that something is very very wrong and attempt to protect its self. This could cause anything from it shutting down to it trying to put the car into a "limp home" mode.... I had a coil pack crack and short in my old Chevy, the computer went into limp home that basically was not letting me go over 3500 rpm or over 3rd gear... No telling what would happen In a mustang.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

If your haveing serious fuse box issues I would not recommend a repair. Replace it by going to a junk yard. If you can't find a new enough mustang to pull from PM me, I know ware a totaled one is in FL and will help you out the best I can.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Without knowing your situation... No. Everything from variable valve timing, distributor, throttle body and fuel injection is handled by your computer. That requires a fuse box not only to protect its self but also to act as a junction for some systems. Even if you found a way to power the computer, it would probably see that something is very very wrong and attempt to protect its self. This could cause anything from it shutting down to it trying to put the car into a "limp home" mode.... I had a coil pack crack and short in my old Chevy, the computer went into limp home that basically was not letting me go over 3500 rpm or over 3rd gear... No telling what would happen In a mustang.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

If your haveing serious fuse box issues I would not recommend a repair. Replace it by going to a junk yard. If you can't find a new enough mustang to pull from PM me, I know ware a totaled one is in FL and will help you out the best I can.
+100 You're entering a world of pain, and inviting all sorts of bad things to happen...what you're asking, is not a good idea.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
DUH!!!!!!!!

*************WHY?************************

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
IanM said:
+100 You're entering a world of pain, and inviting all sorts of bad things to happen...what you're asking, is not a good idea.
Or of you're warranty take take to a dealer.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

ronnie948 said:
*************WHY?************************

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
+1

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99ford said:
Or of you're warranty take take to a dealer.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

+1
because my dad took out the fuses cause I'm grounded. lol so under the hood, he took out the following fuses, #1, 41,43. that's all I've noticed that is gone

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
emery2483 said:
because my dad took out the fuses cause I'm grounded. lol so under the hood, he took out the following fuses, #1, 41,43. that's all I've noticed that is gone
So you did something bad enough for your dad to ground you AND physically pull the fuses out of your car so you can't drive it. And even still, you wanna go against his wishes and try to start your car anyway, possibly damaging it and more than likely voiding the warranty. It's just not worth it dude. Wait out your punishment and then start your car safely with the fuses in place.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
.....no comment -_- kids these days.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
emery2483 said:
Dude u ****ed up, just deal with ur punishment before you **** up ur cars PCM and then you REALLY piss off ur dad

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Rub two sticks together.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Duh????????????????????????????????????????

Did I actually read this correctly???????????????????????????????

Originally Posted by emery2483

I think I must need new glasses or a new brain or something.:lmao:
Ronnie

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well if he took out the fuses for a reason, he probably saved your life... too many kids dying cause of inexperienced with hondas let alone a mustang... thats why I learned to drive since I was 8 at our ranch with heavy duty trucks :O

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
emery2483 said:
Man up dude, you have to grow up sometime. You don't want to loose your dads respect. My guess is that dad bought the car, and dad can sell it just as easy!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
emery2483 said:
Sounds to me like your grounded for bad grades.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts