Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal so like months ago i bought this GT500 fuel pump dual system for my car with the harness ect ect. i TOLD the guy it was a V6, then me and him talked about my V6 for a while and NOW hes telling me that what i have is for a V8.

so do you guys know of any kits, or harness that would make this work with a V6. does anyone have another kit in mind for my V6?

thank you for your help guys, i have had no car now for over a week, its killen me!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
are you sure there is a difference in connectors? A link would help

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
the fuel pump is the same for both the v6 and v8. boom! i got some answers too:lol:
yes, but he's talking about the GT500 version. I'm pretty sure it would fit... I say give it a shot and see what happens

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
everything is the same you guys, except the end of the harness that gets ignition..... so we need a harness that is made for a v6. i think theres no such thing. do you guys think i should just rig it to get ignition.
ah, so it doesn't "plug in"? You may consider "rigging it", but be careful to insulate all the wires when you're done... having shorts so close to a tank of fuel would be a bad idea

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
you need to sauter the connections and if you could run a bigger guage wire in the process to ensure the pumps are getting enough voltage and not overheating and melting the insulation. (Which could result in a fire)

What do you need GT Pumps for?? That's a lot of fuel pressure and supply you won't need unless you go with plenty of boost?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can probably buy the wiring harness end off of a gt500 from ford for rather cheap hopefully and then splice it in so it will plug into your pumps

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you need to sauter the connections and if you could run a bigger guage wire in the process to ensure the pumps are getting enough voltage and not overheating and melting the insulation. (Which could result in a fire)

What do you need GT Pumps for?? That's a lot of fuel pressure and supply you won't need unless you go with plenty of boost?
i needed it because my car is making very close to 400, like 390 at the crank, so my fuel pump isnt sufficant, every now and then if i let the battery run down ( have the ac on and the radio loud standing for over ten mins) then the car gives me a running lean code, as long as i was keeping the battery at maxium capacity i was ok. i got sick of that so i wanted to put in a stronger pump that works till 600 horses so i dont have to worry about it.

now its become a bigger issue, i can either leave the stock and let him tune my car down a bit, or find a way to make this work.

however guys i just got word that my guy wants to run a booster pump while keeping the same stock pump in it. not that i know how that works, but he said it will do the trick. so im going to return the gt500 pumps.......that in mind

anyone want to buy a gt500 fuel pump lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
a fuel pump is just an electric pump, increase voltage, increase output. plain and simple
thats what the boost-a-pump does, increase voltage to the fuel pump

·
Registered
291 Posts
what about the injectors do you have v8 injectors?
huh? on these fords, all the injectors are the same. its either gonna have EV1 or EV6 connectors. older stuff uses EV1 and newer use EV6 but there are adapters to use with either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
good god and thats a v6 im out of the loop damn what motor do you have in that thing obviously prochaged and how many horses you pushin?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts