Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a year ago I went to my local ford dealership to buy my first mustang. After looking around I was not happy with what they had on the lot and decided to wait. Before leaving the dealership the salesman talked my dad and I into getting a 2007 f250. Don't get me wrong I love the truck but it has been at the dealership 4 times in one year with major problems. At the moment it is being repaired because the tranny went out. One of the smartest things I have ever done is buying the extended warranty and all of the work has been done under warranty. I am scared though because warranty is running out in 10k miles and each of the jobs would have cost me at least 5k. I wanted I know what you guys think about trading my truck in for a 2013 5.0. The main reason I want to do this is because I am a college student and don't have the kind of money to fix another major problem. And if so what package should I get?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Come on man, is this really a question? OF COURSE TRADE THAT SUCKER IN! If you're unhappy with your current ride, i can guarantee that '13 will put a smile on your face. I have never failed to pull up to a 5.0, look in the car, and not see the same big, fat, stupid grin on each drivers face.

Plus, i'm not sure about the warrantee on the 13's but i can bet its for a few years. And i read this forum constantly, and haven't really seen too many problems with them. Granted they are very new still. But in all seriousness, if you go through and calculate how much it's going to cost you, and you know for sure you can afford it. Go for it man. Imagine how man hot college babes you'll pick up with that 5.0.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Tuff question, I've had a Ford truck since 1979. Insurance will be cheaper on the truck, but plates will probably cost more. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally wouldn't park a new mustang on a college campus.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think im just going to go for it then!=)So my next question of the options of the vehicle. So i know for sure I want to it with a 6 speed manual. The options I want the most are probably the reacaro seats, brembo brakes, and 3.73 gearing. I am not sure if the brembos makes too much a of a difference but if not then I would sacrifice it for another option. Now that the '14 is coming out how much is everyone paying for their 2013s?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Tuff question, I've had a Ford truck since 1979. Insurance will be cheaper on the truck, but plates will probably cost more. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally wouldn't park a new mustang on a college campus.
Yeah very true I just got the bill for the tags and it is close to $500!! so im not really worried about the insurance.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
yeah won't get my car near a college/highschool/middleschool parking lots.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Why is that? Just because of the possible vandalizing?
well that and that most kids at college/highschools unless it is an insanely nice college/highschool, are the ones who could careless if they hit and run you.

My 2007 Tundra got jacked up a few times parking it at the College I went too. Thankfully it is a truck and I intended for it to taking a beating, but the Mustang? no way in hell.

plus the parking lots get paaaaacked.

So depends on the college you are going too :D.

*EDIT* I should also point out though, that I am the guy who parks at the end of the parking lot just so people won't park near my car. She is my baby, ain't nobody gonna hurt her but me!

·
Registered
903 Posts
well that and that most kids at college/highschools unless it is an insanely nice college/highschool, are the ones who could careless if they hit and run you.

My 2007 Tundra got jacked up a few times parking it at the College I went too. Thankfully it is a truck and I intended for it to taking a beating, but the Mustang? no way in hell.

plus the parking lots get paaaaacked.

So depends on the college you are going too :D.

*EDIT* I should also point out though, that I am the guy who parks at the end of the parking lot just so people won't park near my car. She is my baby, ain't nobody gonna hurt her but me!
+1 No you aren't. ...LOL.....I do the same and I am anal about my car location. I all but have instructions in rare cases if a passenger is with me on what not to do....lol. Like you said if the car gets ****ed up I want to have no one to blame but myself.
And no.... Hell no, I do not let others drive my car. Call it what people will; but when there **** is torn up and or ragged out then there is probably a reason. There is such thing as twisting it and spirited driving without tearing it up. You can make tons of passes at the track. If I do break something then it's all good.I will fix it. Just understanding what your mods are and what they do helps you understand and what the feel is suppose to be. I like the fact that I am mechanically inclinded and do all my work no matter what the mods are or could be accept internal. These Coyotes are a whole other animal. I know one guy who has done plenty of motor work on older GT's and V8 stangs without issues. He did the 4 cams and was very careful and yet still ****ed up. You should see the pictures. I think some are on other board of same deal. Destroyed Coyote with under 10,000 miles. Fortunately he has somewhat deep pockets and not loosing it.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
You will be upside down on your lean and have to eat that cost as well. Besides that, lol, ur not camping out at the lot? Ill drive, it'll convince you.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

I'm smiling right now just thinking about my drive home from work.
Every time I hear my car start, I get that same feeling.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
College student and new vehicle shouldn't go in same sentence lol look at a used 11/12 pony plenty cheaper just my thought your still in school student loans will not be your friend after your graduate

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Forget about the 11 or 12, if you can get a 13 definably worth it. As for the options, try to get brembos with premium and if you have some extra $$$ go for a track package, you will love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Forget about the 11 or 12, if you can get a 13 definably worth it. As for the options, try to get brembos with premium and if you have some extra $$$ go for a track package, you will love it.
With those options what is the most I should pay? I really like the nav and stuff but I'd rather have the track pack and brembos. I am definitely going for the 13 though. I already have the payments for the truck so It will just go up a little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just traded my 10' f-150 for a 13' GT, never been happier..... And yes I've bee thinking about my short 6 to 8 minute drive home from work all week!! :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just traded my 10' f-150 for a 13' GT, never been happier..... And yes I've bee thinking about my short 6 to 8 minute drive home from work all week!! :)
I can't wait!!! Just waiting for the truck to be fixed and then I'll talk to them about the trade in. I don't want to bring it up yet because I don't want them to lower value just because they have it in their shop.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think im just going to go for it then!=)So my next question of the options of the vehicle. So i know for sure I want to it with a 6 speed manual. The options I want the most are probably the reacaro seats, brembo brakes, and 3.73 gearing. I am not sure if the brembos makes too much a of a difference but if not then I would sacrifice it for another option. Now that the '14 is coming out how much is everyone paying for their 2013s?
Good choice in options. Not that I'm biased at all... For street driving the Brembos probably don't make much of a difference, but ask Terry at Vorshalg how much of a difference he thinks they make if you track the car. ;)

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
College student and new vehicle shouldn't go in same sentence lol look at a used 11/12 pony plenty cheaper just my thought your still in school student loans will not be your friend after your graduate
Im a full-time college student I work full-time I just bought a house and I'm getting married soon. I bought my 2011 GT brand-new. I've also put over $10,000 worth of mods into it in the 2 years I've owned it. I'm just very driven and able to afford it. I'm very fortunate that I can afford it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts