Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a music list on the computer that plays with windows media player, can I transfer this to a usb and download to the car?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes, absolutely. One thing to watch for is look at the playlist file & make sure it doesn't have the full Windows path with drive letter for each file. If it does, do a search/replace & just have the directory path to each file. If you have the drive letter, the car's system will error out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, the thumbdrive loads into the car just fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to load it into the memory of the car so I don't have the thumbdrive hanging inside the box. Read the owners manual, it doesn't give a path to save the list, any ideas? I am thinking of just buying a right angle usb adaptor or thumbdrive if I have to. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
598 Posts
AFAIK you can't, it just reads from the drive. A right angle adapter would be nice. So far my drive has survived in there fine, but I don't have a lot of junk in the console (just charging cables, tire pressure gauge & OBD scanner).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, just what I was afraid of. I will update on any adaptors I find. What do you know about using the visor switches to control incar devices?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks. My car has three buttons in the driver's visor, they control owner devices like a garage door opener. Will do more reseach on this, thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts