Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I just picked up my 14 v6 (16k miles on it when I took over) for about half a month till now and it runs great...Until today.

When I was on the freeway someone in front of me suddenly brake hard AF and leave me no choice but downshift&break. The thing is I'm still getting used to a manual car and panic out releasing the clutch too early and jammed the gear for about half a sec and it popped(I was actually pulling it out of gear as well since I realized I'm doing it wrong) back to neutral.

I then disengaged the clutch immediately after I realized what did I do. However, after a while, I'm starting to hear some kind of really, really low&unnoticable "meshing" sound from the gearbox. I tried to record that but It's so low that my phone can't even capture it. It's so low that once the engine rev up to 2k I just can't hear it.
Am I just being paranoid or I really screwed up and broke the gearbox?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
if it was mine I would bring it to a Ford dealer and see what they say (it should be a wtty item) I would not mention the downshifting incident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exactly what he said I would just take it in as a warranty and don't say a word about anything

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly what he said I would just take it in as a warranty and don't say a word about anything

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thanks for the advice although it's been a long time. I took it in and had a mechanic looked through it. Didn't say a thing about the incident of course. He said it appears good to him after a test drive. The humming sound is due to a cold gearbox (Forgot to mention, the sound did go away after a while) and suggested me take routine maintenance and not to worry about it. I guess that's a relief.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts