·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm trying to decided between a couple rims here

The Amrs ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479052975.241745.jpg

And the gt500 style I like both but not sure which one would be best
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479053015.919633.jpg

And I think I want the charcoal but on some pictures the dark stainless looks pretty good but on some pics they look to light any ideas?

And here's a pic of my car for a better understanding
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479053211.416901.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479053233.266163.jpg

The hoods getting painted in a couple weeks. And the fender stripes are gone

Any input aprciated

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Your choices above look a lot like factory wheels. How about a set of take-offs?
You could save enough to paint them if they aren't perfect enough, and still be ahead.
My .02

·
Registered
900 Posts
Those gt500 are too "spokey", too busy, too much imo. I'd vote AMR's. Saw some stainless finished wheels in person and wow they were nice! I'm an anti-matte, gloss all the way guy but the stainless has a nice finish, like satin/semi-gloss.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Personally I think black and charcoal wheels have been overdone to the point of looking like everyone else's...kind of like belly buttons...everyone has at least one.
I had Brembo 19"s on my Mustang and wanted something wider. The fronts were fine at 9" although I wanted bigger in the rear. Widening the Brembo rear wheels would have cost $350 per wheel to go from 9" to 10-1/2" so I decided to get a set of OEM GT500 wheels and tires...take offs. Although there was mentioned of buying take offs, trying to find a set of GT500 take offs for $700 will be a little difficult. Also, GT500's are19x9" front and 20x9.5"...I really like the staggered look.
As for color I really like the 2013/14 OEM GT500's which are called "Tarnish Painted", which is close to dark stainless...and easy to clean with the right brushes.

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those gt500 are too "spokey", too busy, too much imo. I'd vote AMR's. Saw some stainless finished wheels in person and wow they were nice! I'm an anti-matte, gloss all the way guy but the stainless has a nice finish, like satin/semi-gloss.

I agree with you on the spoky look so this are out. And I called American muscle and they described them pretty good to me so I'm going with the charcoal over the dark stainless he said in person there actually pretty light

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally I think black and charcoal wheels have been overdone to the point of looking like everyone else's...kind of like belly buttons...everyone has at least one.

I had Brembo 19"s on my Mustang and wanted something wider. The fronts were fine at 9" although I wanted bigger in the rear. Widening the Brembo rear wheels would have cost $350 per wheel to go from 9" to 10-1/2" so I decided to get a set of OEM GT500 wheels and tires...take offs. Although there was mentioned of buying take offs, trying to find a set of GT500 take offs for $700 will be a little difficult. Also, GT500's are19x9" front and 20x9.5"...I really like the staggered look.

As for color I really like the 2013/14 OEM GT500's which are called "Tarnish Painted", which is close to dark stainless...and easy to clean with the right brushes.

I agree with you on the overdone a little. That's why I'm switching from the 5 spoke design. I want something a little cleaner looking if that makes since. And I'm Ganna grab the amrs. There already ordered along with some springs and new lug nuts. Gotta love the 6% discount!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Have you looked at SVE series 3 wheels? I like them more than the ones you have posted but its not what I like but what you like haha I would definitely go with a grey wheel though

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you looked at SVE series 3 wheels? I like them more than the ones you have posted but its not what I like but what you like haha I would definitely go with a grey wheel though

Those are nice. But I don't like the Allen screws around the edge. I would love a deep dish style of the amrs

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Have you looked at the xxrs? They have one that is "similar" with a dish on them. They look more like ccw than amrs

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good choice IMO. I parrot the others like Ole Rodder. Black and matte finishes are done in my book. The AMR's if there lighter in person ought to be awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i was in the same boat as you, but my best friens already had the AMR wheels so I went GT500 and loooove them. and you don't see them as much as the AMR wheels either. i chose the hyperdark finish which is amazing, direct light look like a gloss charcoal and they look black satin/gloss in darker shade, I love them.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice, really nice. Those look good and should be way easier to keep care of.

How about painting the calipers now for a little more pop? :popcorn:

I'm throwing some bmr lowering springs up front in the next week or two. I also want to to do slotted and drilled rotors to. I think I might wait till the spring time tho no real point in painting stuff when winter coming

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nice finish Mattman!
Black wheels go well with that color Luna!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts