Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of smoked Raxioms. But I have trouble seeing with the bulb that is in it. I need an HID kit. Need help finding a good visibility color and a good quality kit.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Your best option would be to go with a sylvania silverstar ultra bulb. Installing hid bulbs in a halogen housing is illegal and municipalities are becoming stricter on enforcing these laws.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
fordfan100 said:
These are projector housings and it's not illegal in SC
Projector housings for halogen bulbs. Federal law also trumps state law. Do what you will, i just prefer getting the facts out there.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well normally i'd link you OP to my favorite HID site however seeing how you bought projector housings i'm gonna talk you against it. putting HIDs in a non HID projector housing will give you even worse light output. As much as i hate standard bulbs they are your best option. Now if you want a brighter bulb look at Sylvanias new ZXE series...they are zenon filled and give off a very nice white light. much brighter then the Ultras but sadly not close to a 35w HID kit

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately sylvania does not make the h9 bulb the raxioms require but i did find some bulbs made by hella so I'll try those

·
Registered
881 Posts
fordfan100 said:
Unfortunately sylvania does not make the h9 bulb the raxioms require but i did find some bulbs made by hella so I'll try those
Which bulbs did you find? I'm looking for a nice upgraded bulb for mine without HIDs

image-2656620566.jpg

These are what I have. And I just bought the bulb upgrade from AM when I bought the housings

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I've heard from plenty of people that they use 35W HIDs in the Raxiom headlights with no problems of light scattering or the housings/lenses melting. It's when they used 55W HIDs that they started having issues. Plus, this is straight off of AM's site.

Known Exceptions:
These Headlights are not intended for use with vehicles equipped with Daytime Running Lights or Factory HID Kits.

Application. These Raxiom Black Mustang Halo Projector Headlights are designed to fit the 2010 and newer V6, and GT model Mustangs that are not equipped with factory HID lighting.

If these headlights aren't meant to be used in conjunction with ANY hid kit, not just the factory hids, shouldn't AM state that on the site? Especially if something like this could possibly void Raxiom's warranty. Hopefully we can get some clarification from one of our AM members on here.

·
Registered
881 Posts
lowflyn said:
Your best option would be to go with a sylvania silverstar ultra bulb. Installing hid bulbs in a halogen housing is illegal and municipalities are becoming stricter on enforcing these laws.
The housings I have now are projector housings

Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights - CCFL Halo (05-09 GT, V6)

Does that make a difference in the type of light I can run without going to HIDs?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Well, I don't know about all these other guys.. Saying its illegal and all of that. My 2012 has raxiom projectors (smoked) and I have 35W 4300k morimoto HIDs in them. The HIDs have been in these headlights for over a year with zero issues and I never get flashed for light scatter or anything. Just look at the light cut off if you don't believe me!

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Can I get any HID Kit? My friend sells Xenon HID kits but was wondering if I can use that kit? All of the ones I see online are like $200 and he can get them for me for $100. Can anyone verify?

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Can you use any HID kit for the projector lights? My friend sells Xenon HID kits and are way cheaper than all the ones i see on the Internet. Can anyone verify?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Raxiom lights

Well, I don't know about all these other guys.. Saying its illegal and all of that. My 2012 has raxiom projectors (smoked) and I have 35W 4300k morimoto HIDs in them. The HIDs have been in these headlights for over a year with zero issues and I never get flashed for light scatter or anything. Just look at the light cut off if you don't believe me!
Was it hard to take lense off and does morimoto mini bolt in without major mod?i have the 2010 style for 05-09 I want to put the morimoto minis in. Appreciate any help . Eric

·
Registered
187 Posts
Go to Vleds.com and buy their best led headlamps. I have them in my mustang. 4800 lumens on high beams. Totally enough light. Just 200 lumens shy of HID

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased the 2010 style Raxiom projector headlights for my 2005 mustang. my Roush and grille fog lights are LED and wanted to use the PIAA H9 LED bulbs in them but hear LED's don't work well in projectors. thoughts?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts