Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im definitely at a point where I don’t know what to do. I was thinking about doing heads and cam but Once I discovered how much it was going to be, it was way out of my ball park. Right now Im running about 175 HP naturally aspirated, 200 lb of tq, and 244 hp on the bottle, 300 lb of tq. I have the mods listed below. I have about $600-700 to play with and I would really like to be making over 200 HP NA. What could I do for that? I didn’t know if a Aluminum flywheel and a aluminum drive shaft would get me close, or if I needed to take a different route. Any Suggesions

2002 V6 – 5 speed, Densecharger CAI, Borla Dual Exhaust, 1.8 RR, P&P upper and lower, short shifter, 75 HP NX kit, 3.73 gears

·
Registered
5 Posts
mheath said:
I didn’t know if a aluminum drive shaft would get me close, or if I needed to take a different route. Any Suggesions
Well, first off...An Aluminum driveshaft will only reduce the loss of power between your transmission to your rear end. It will not give you horsepower/torque...though your car will be faster. From your mods, you might see improvements going with a bigger TB, MAF, your port and polishing would take advantage of those. Flex's spacers would also help, and they are very affordable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
get a F4 Fordchip to optimize your performance with and without nitrous ~$350. Or better yet a complete dyno tune. Plus ASP udp & belt ~$200, flex intake spacer & gaskets ~$120. But that still won't get you to 200hp.

Saw a post by RGR somewhere where he said a guy installed the 207/215 cam with stock, non-p&p heads and had some significant hp increase. That might be in your price range including installation

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
95Rio_Red_Stang said:
Well, first off...An Aluminum driveshaft will only reduce the loss of power between your transmission to your rear end. It will not give you horsepower/torque...though your car will be faster. From your mods, you might see improvements going with a bigger TB, MAF, your port and polishing would take advantage of those. Flex's spacers would also help, and they are very affordable.
actually an alum driveshaft does give you hp. just not at the crank. the lighter driveshaft puts more hp down to the wheels because of the less parasitic loss thru the drivetrain. its good for about 5rwhp.

with only $500 i wouldnt get a TB or MAF. the 99+s are good to go on those. i would look into ported heads. those are good for about 20rwhp. that would put you right about 200hp. that is the only thing that could help you. however, i would get a cam at the same time. just because you want to take the heads off to put the cam on, so it saves time. both of those combined would get you about 40hp.

a chip, and some spacers wouldnt be too bad for now either, but if you get a chip, you would have to get it reburned for the cam and heads. i say save for the cam and heads, and then get a dynotune w/ that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts