Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal. I have a 95 gt 5 speed that I want to make a real healthy street car 425475 rwhp. Something that I can drive everyday and run high 11's low 12's not overly done where you have to buy race gas and not practical.

Option 1. 306 with a turbo or supercharger Option 2 Stroker motor with the factory 302 Option 3 351w swap (but I know that would leave me to wanting more than what is needed)

I don't want to spend 10-15 grand on the motor. That would be a great down payment on a '14 gt What are your thoughts and the setups that your using with hp numbers and times if you have them?

·
Banned
422 Posts
That is pushing the limit of the stock block. Plenty of people are running 450+ to the wheels on a stock block but not cheaply. Any route you take to get that much power you will need to factor a dyno tune into your budget. When you factor in supporting mods, bigger fuel pump, injectors, regulator, clutch, and when the T5 thats rated at 300lbs of torque fails from double the amount its rated at you will have to invest in an upgraded trans. I dont mean to discourage you i just dont see if happening with less than 10k. A good set of heads alone will run in the $1500 range and add another 1500-2000 for a decent turbo kit. If i had to pick a route id say 351 swap. More cubes equals more power and the 351 blocks are stronger than the factory 302s.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant 10-15 grand on the motor alone. I know the trans won't hold up and ill need a bigger fuel system, axles and gears, suspension. I want to do everything for under 20. 15 if possible

·
Banned
422 Posts
Then i think you will be just fine any route you go. A 306 with a good h/c/i setup will put your over the 300rwhp level. Then with a well tuned turbo or supercharger setup will push you past 400. But if you decide to stay with the 302 block i would stroke it out to a 331 and you will hit 400+ a little easier. DSS racing sells great stroker kits for good prices.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Or you could build a really stout 331 with a main girdle and balanced AND forged internals, with a 150 nitrous oxide boost when you need it =D to be honest I don't know what it would cost, but you would have a very manageable street car that would put down some decent 1/4 mile times. Any thoughts guys>?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts