Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 5.0, its a daily driver but i dont abuse it, why does the driver side strut or spring sound like it was dropped, car is 100 percent stock, im worried

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Everytime i get a speed bump it sounds like ita rubbing aomething there

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Two words.... Warranty & Shop!

Get her in ASAP,

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have same problem with my '13, I'm going to buy aftermarket lcas anyway, hoping it will fix noise.
Can you describe the noise? May be different sound than mine.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woodga16 said:
I have same problem with my '13, I'm going to buy aftermarket lcas anyway, hoping it will fix noise.
Can you describe the noise? May be different sound than mine.
Man its hard to explain, its like rubbing sound, i only hear it when i get speed bumps, but like i said i drive through these like if it was dropped ao idk why this is happening

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

mcseb said:
I have a 2012 gt stock and it does the same.. I just take speed bumbs reallly really slow now.
Dude to not hear you have to literally go 0 mph

·
Registered
27 Posts
OzzyLiriano said:
Man its hard to explain, its like rubbing sound, i only hear it when i get speed bumps, but like i said i drive through these like if it was dropped ao idk why this is happening

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Dude to not hear you have to literally go 0 mph
Same thing started on my '12. Was the upper control arm, replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
412 Posts
mine sounds metal on metal, but sounds like a rattle when over harsh bumps.
Doesn't sound solid against solid rather metal rattling?

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

sound is coming from rear, maybe right rear...hard to pin point.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woodga16 said:
mine sounds metal on metal, but sounds like a rattle when over harsh bumps.
Doesn't sound solid against solid rather metal rattling?

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

sound is coming from rear, maybe right rear...hard to pin point.
Idk man ill keep.u guya posted

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check swaybar end links. Mine needed tightening front and rear. Took about 5 minutes with tires turned to full lock. Quiet as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine is doing same thing, sounds like the front end is falling apart.. I took it to ford an it is the lower control arms, on mine anyways.. They have ordered my parts and they will be here the 30 th of sept.. Took it in on the 5th.. They said there is a recall for this and that's why it will take a while to get the parts..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Woodga16 said:
Good. So what was end result causing noise?
Also, have you received your quad rear yet?
No im ordering tomorrow, i spilled water on my 2k computer, so had to see where was i standing money wise. And it was the arms, they replaced both

1 - 20 of 41 Posts