Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam new to the mustang world and was wondering could someone help me with parts and names of them to get 300 to 375hp out of my 302 it runs fine just want more power $3000 budget I have the exhaust already in place

·
Registered
491 Posts
Heads, cam, intake, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air, 30-36 lbs injectors, msd ignition, fuel pump, full exhaust, dyno tune.

The above will easily run over your $3K budget, if bought new. If you do some serious looking around you can find a lot of the above items used for cheap. There are a lot of other ways to get to your power goal, just remember that the stock computer tune is very limiting and does not like major changes. So no matter what you really do, a tune is a must.

Good luck.

·
Registered
491 Posts
He's got me curios now: What lph fuel pump did you run?
I used a 190 lph fuel pump. Had no issues with it. I also reused factory 24 lbs injectors. Prolly could have gone up to 30's. for exhaust I ran a set of MAC long tubes with matching offroad hippie and magma flow cat back. Not sure what it put down cause I sold the car before I finished it all. But it ran like a scolded dog though.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have the BBk 255 lph

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

With my setup my 24lbs were maxing out on dyno at 4200 RPMs I ha to bump up to 30lb injectors and I'm good all the way into the 7,500 RPM range before maxing
I wish I could rev that high, my only complaint about the stock 302 engines is how low the yellow and red line are. (that being said I have accidentally reved that high Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts