Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add more power to my 08 auto 4.6 v8 Stang. low miles I do not want to add a supercharger nor add a turbo and NO NOS it is a 2008 with only 17000 miles. I have looked at 3.73 gears but have not bought anything yet . I have also thought about the shaker hood system but just unsure of what Exactly what to do or who to let work on it ?? Ty for any help you may provide Ty KAMMAN

·
Banned
102 Posts
The shaker system is not worth the money.. it only adds 2% hp from what i have gathered which is not worth $750. Air raid cai kit with a custom tune is said to net 27 hp on the curve and 35hp total with roughly equal torque. Long tube headers and mid will net ya around another 20 hp.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the shaker on mine but thats because it came with it haha. Looks good and makes it stand out more, but that money can be spent elsewhere. If your going to spend that much invest in cai and tuner or exhaust items like longtube headers!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am looking to add more power to my 08 auto 4.6 v8 Stang. low miles I do not want to add a supercharger nor add a turbo and NO NOS it is a 2008 with only 17000 miles. I have looked at 3.73 gears but have not bought anything yet . I have also thought about the shaker hood system but just unsure of what Exactly what to do or who to let work on it ?? Ty for any help you may provide Ty KAMMAN
If your not going with a blower then I would do 4.10s. And forget about the shaker hood. It doesn't do anything. If you want power go with tune and CAI, exhaust, and cams. Also gears are great too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So CAI , 3.73 gears ang long tube headers with a custom tune will do the car a lot of justice right ?? About how much hp and rwhp do you think ill receive ?? (It don't have to be exact)

·
Banned
102 Posts
I suggest the airraid and tuner kit from brenspeed. The plastic cai is better cause it dont have heatsoak. The air raid makes the most power from what i gather. I have the c&l street myself which was on car when i bought it. Im gonna switch it out with airraid and sell c&l on ebay. As far as ehaust... im tryin to figure that out myself. What im getting is kooks is best. Pypes are kooks knock off but are great quality. The pypes long tube and mid are about $800 vs kooks $1200 ish.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought airraid race cai and sct tuner with bama tunes and rousch extreme performance cat back exhaust from AM last spring and couldnt be happier with the sound and performance. I have an 07 GT 5mt with stock 3.31 gears, and if I dont trade up for a 2014 5.0, I'll probably go with 3.73 gears this spring. I was stuck between the airraid and steeda cai but went with airraid since my car is black red int and the airraid matches. Performance wise ive heard steeda jlt and airraid are all very similar with a good tune.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did every thing myself in a one car garage. The intake is fairly easy if you have any mechanical inclination at all. A few basic hand tools and follow the instructions. The tuner comes loaded with 3 custom Bama tunes, you just plug it in to the obdII port under the dash and follow the prompts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No problem. Good luck with your upgrades.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts