Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to have my car in for an alignment this morning at 10 am, here I sit at almost noon, the thing won't run, stupid PATS thinks I am trying to steal my car I guess. It starts, then shuts down, seems to be shutting the fuel system down! What can I do here, HELP!! Any one know? :oops:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 keys, don't think the other will work either, but will try it again. Called ford, to reprogram PATs is 70 dollars, that is if it didnt' burn out some kinda module, ouch. :(

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
its not PATS. if it were PATS, the ECU wouldnt even send a signal to the starter and let it start.

go in the trunk, see if the fuel cutoff switch has been turned off accidently. thats what it sounds like. sounds like the engine isnt getting the fuel, and is just getting enough from whats in the fuel lines, then shutting off.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was getting fuel, it flooded. The dash lights were working fine. It finally decided to start and run. Got my front end aligned at a different shop, got someone's appointment that didnt' show up. Still not sure what caused all that mess this AM, it took me til about 1PM to get it to start, I had to recharge my battery. :oops:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and I had already checked that switch in the trunk, it was not kicked.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds exactly what I had a problem with. Was the wiring harness. Cost me $1600 to fix.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out what the problem was. My chip had a factory defect, it didn't show up until the weather started to get a little cool. Reinhart is making me a new one, I sent him the original one Saturday. With the chip out it starts on cool mornings and runs fine. :headbang:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts