Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin has an 00 esplise 5 speed. It has an cold air intake, exhaust system,and upgraded computer, and a TUBRO KIT. Almost forgot it is 3.0 V6. Now my 03 auto V6 mustang is bone stock. I will have one series 40 muffler with a big tip :D in a couple weeks. But i need some performance stuff to keep up with him. That is not expensive. I am not looking to be as fast as him just stuff that people with at least thats cool. PLEASE HELP many suggestions :) :cool: I will need more than just a cold air intake :D

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
turbo kit? on an 00 eclipse? if its installed correctly...

I'd say a nice 347 swap, with all sortsa go fast goodies is in your foreseeable future :D

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
MonteCitan said:
turbo kit? on an 00 eclipse? if its installed correctly...

I'd say a nice 347 swap, with all sortsa go fast goodies is in your foreseeable future :D
yeah....your gonna need a pretty good amount of work to hang with him

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
He has an Eclipse GT if its a v6, and yeh, they're stout, have a friend who has one. I say you don't try to beat him, just know that you have more style than him lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
And why not run duals for exhaust instead of a delta 40 series and a "Big tip".....

·
Registered
214 Posts
lowflyn said:
And why not run duals for exhaust instead of a delta 40 series and a "Big tip".....
Just what I thought

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I love the look of my duals, all the way under the car and out the back. Just looks cleaner run as duals IMO lol. And the sound is deeper than a guy here in town with the same mufflers who left the Y-pipe on. His exhaust guy talked him into running a 3 inch pipe from the y pipe back to the mufflers...dumbest Idea I've ever heard of...

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
an actual turbo or some stupid exhaust/electronic tubo set up thats bares the name turbo?

stock they are turds but with a turbo i doubt you could even come close.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am not sure what year mustang you have but that would be important info. With my 95 single port and my 98 eclipse spyder with factory turbo I can tell you this... Since the mustang has 3:73's, I can probably beat the spyder for the first oh say 15 feet (until the turbo kicked in - unless I was smart and had the RPM high). Then the Mustang would be toast (with densecharger, gears, pulleys, and exhaust).
However, I am not a nitrous expert and have never used it. Do you guys think he could get enough off a reasonably priced nitrous kit to keep up? :confused:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
wendyc said:
I am not sure what year mustang you have but that would be important info. With my 95 single port and my 98 eclipse spyder with factory turbo I can tell you this... Since the mustang has 3:73's, I can probably beat the spyder for the first oh say 15 feet (until the turbo kicked in - unless I was smart and had the RPM high). Then the Mustang would be toast (with densecharger, gears, pulleys, and exhaust).
However, I am not a nitrous expert and have never used it. Do you guys think he could get enough off a reasonably priced nitrous kit to keep up? :confused:
He has an '03 auto. With a single muffler.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
$130-230 for the whole GT true-dual kit. That should get you an H-Pipe too. I don't know if a muffler shop could order it. I would check and see how much it would cost for them to make one too. It should be two cuts and four welds. Your gonna want to be able to unbolt the exhaust system to if you had to drop the tranny or something. Takes some work out of it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Check around on Mustang sites and ebay for takeoff's, I got mine off ebay. I like my true duals better than an H-pipe because there are no gains between a true dual or a H or X pipe. Whole setup cost me 240 with a 40 dollar tip added in

1 - 20 of 28 Posts