Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyy everybody i am about to own a 2010 for mustang gt. i wanted to know how to change the gear oil and when to change it?
plus i have roush intake,will there be a problem if i put a borla atak exhaust?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
gear oil unless you have a drain plug on it....you have to remove the pumpkin (diff) cover and make a mess. Replace the gasket. In the manual it will give a suggestion on when to change it. Any cat back exhaust will not give you any problems except you'll become addicted to modding your car. Welcome to Mevo and we expect pictures from newbies.

Mud

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I never take prior maintenance for granted. A 2010 is now almost 7 years old.

If it were mine, I'd be changing/flushing all the fluids on it. For the diff, consider buying a cover with a fill and drain bolt in its cover. Ford Racing makes a nice one, which will make future drain and refills quick and easy.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
heyy everybody i am about to own a 2010 for mustang gt. i wanted to know how to change the gear oil and when to change it?
plus i have roush intake,will there be a problem if i put a borla atak exhaust?

Welcome! As stated, remove the diff cover.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Welcome to MEVO! Definitely look into th diff cover with the drain and fill holes like Bucko suggested. Makes it a lot easier to change, and a lot less messy.

I go through and replace everything when buying a used vehicle. All filters, fluids and safety items. You'll have piece of mind knowing that it was done, and you'll have a point of reference for future maintenance time/mileage points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts