Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New to the site. I love it. I found a link in a Car Domains page.
Anyways, I have a 1995 vert and I just put a new 1100 watt sub in tthere. The problem is it rattles the heck out of my trunk, my doors, and my body panels. What can I do? Also, I am on a 17 yr old students budget. I haven't bought books for school yet so I'm kinda short on cash. What is effective yet cheap? A friend said I should get my trunk and doors sprayed with dampening foam. Can someone please fully explain what options I have, with they involve and what kind of price tag they carry. Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dynomat is just too expensive, has anyone had any experience with the sprays?

·
Registered
574 Posts
There are -tons- of alternatives to dynamat that aren't as expensive. EDead. Brown Bread. Fatmat. etc. Some people even use stuff called Peel'N'Seal/StormGuard/WeatherGuard that is available at Lowes/Home Depot in the roofing section. All of it is pretty much the same.. Basically just tar. Spray is really only good -between- panels to prevent flex.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The weatherguard stuff works? How well? Is it expensive? Because 89.95 for a single door kit of Dynamat is not my idea of a good buy.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've never used it but a few people I know swear by it. But.. I would really only use it for the car's floor and maybe the doors... I don't trust it to stick inverted. EDead doesn't stick well inverted either. To do trunk lids and all, Dynamat Extreme is probably the best way to go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts