Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing some subs this week on my factory stereo, and i need to know what color the remote wire is... does anybody know?? thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats right. with a line output converter.

im also considering just wiring up a switch instead of a remote wire. what would be a good power source for that? thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You can tap into the head unit power or just look in your fuse box for something that comes on when your car does, like the fuse for the cd player, put the wire in the hole, push the fuse back in and you have a remote wire :D

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
And don't just wire up a switch, it'd be stupid when you can just do it the way I said and it be done, no more wires to run. Let me know how the install goes with the line converter, I gotta get outside and do mine...after taking my stereo apart to unhook the amp...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know it would be easier to wire the remote wire, but the reason i was thinking about a switch was in case i ever wanted to jam without my subs on. just a thought

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just reach in the trunk and turn your amp down. I thought about the same thing when I first started in subs...you never want to do that once you get them lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im too lazy to do that, haha. ive had subs in my past two cars, and i installed them myself, some of the music i listen to gets really annoying with heavily accented bass.

someone else told me that the remote wire is black with a pink stripe. anybody know for sure?? i have a non-mach system.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hm...I could go outside and look..but...I can tell you exactly where it is...
I'm looking at my aftermarket adapter, look at the connector with the clip side up. The bottom left wire is the constant power wire, the second from the left on the bottom row is the accessory wire. That's the one you need to hook up to. Hope this helps. Get a piggy back connector, one that clips onto the existing wire and simply adds another wire to it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wish i could afford it, but im a broke college student. and ive had enough decks stolen to be happy with the stock one.

thanks lowflyn, that will work.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
232stang said:
just tap into the ignition wire behind the head unit, it would be a good remote :D
I think we're talking about the same thing. There's a constant power wire (keeps everything you've saved on memory) and an ignition/switched 12 volt wire that only recieves power when the head unit is on. That's the wire I described for him to use and tap into. I tapped into the same exact wire on mine and it works perfectly fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^thats the correct wire. otherwise, the amp would be powered whenever the car is on, not just when the head unit is on.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yup yup so right. I've fixed several ppl's stereos that were like that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts