Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the I-10 yesterday and my car topped out at 110. I think I need NOS. Two of the big ones.

...No. Seriously. What would prevent my car from going any higher than 110? Clogged fuel injectors? Pump? It wasn't stuttering out anything... It just would not go any faster. The RPMs wouldn't go up (I think it was around 3500 in OD.) Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Laser02 said:
I was driving on the I-10 yesterday and my car topped out at 110. I think I need NOS. Two of the big ones.

...No. Seriously. What would prevent my car from going any higher than 110? Clogged fuel injectors? Pump? It wasn't stuttering out anything... It just would not go any faster. The RPMs wouldn't go up (I think it was around 3500 in OD.) Anybody have any ideas?
Your computer is limited to 110-115. Get an aftermarket chip and you'd be able to go a bit faster. I've had mine up to 120 since I got my chip.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
its called your rev/speed limiter dood ;) Only way to remove that is a chip.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No no. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about what I'm talking about... When I hit my speed limiter (118) my engine cuts in and out and my car shakes and I can feel it. This time it just sat at 110 and wouldn't move any higher. It was definitely not hitting the limiter yet.

Also: In second gear as soon as I hit 4500 rpms my rpms drop to 3900 and I have to climb back up to 4500. Is this normal? Is it related? Etc.

It's just acting funny all the way around.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Do you have an auto, or a 5-speed? And in 2nd gear, do es it only send you back down to 3900rpms once or everytime? Does it do it in any other gear?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Get a tune up. It could also bad gasoline, Bad plug wire, need to clean your MAF(if you have a K&N filter, change or clean your filter, A really hot day with low moisture, Head wind, fat ass in the passenger seat, clogged fuel filter.

Your problem can be a number of things or combined things. Start with a tune up

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda like a spark plug/wire problem. Try that route first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts