Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to break the strut bolt loose but having a hell of a time my air gun at 135 doesnt do it and i sprayed penetrating oil wit open end wrench and screw driver.The spot is starting to get chewed.How can i break it loose? heat it up????

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,246 Posts
Try a little heat but with it being that stuck its likely that the bolt will probably twist off with the nut.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lm lowering my car and just putting some eibachs in it,im not replacing the strut so i need the strut bolt.Thanks guys im gonna try heat when my brother comes back from his house.Was hoping to have my front lowered by now...........Will post pics of car when lowered.lf i ever get those bolts off :lmao::banghead:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far pinfa is all i gotta say!!!!!!!! Got old spring out in the front but having a ***** putting the eibachs in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can we do this with brute force? Spring compressor aint working

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Am i dumb i cant figure out how to us the compressor 1 side slides and wont compress

·
Banned
7,594 Posts
Search you tube for spring compressor. Then watch a couple how tos. That should give you a better idea of what your doing.
Also the lower you can get the rear end the easier to get the springs in. Did you remove the lower shock bolts so you can drop the rear more. Or are you doing the front? If so same concept, you need to get the arms really low.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
l have the arm down pretty far do i need to remove the tie rod aswell?

·
Registered
201 Posts
To get the spring in, you need to just about have the A arm pointing all the way down. Undo the sway bar and shock and you should be able to press it down enough.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya sorry to disapoint guys im done for today so far the car is winning!:banghead::banghead::lmao::lmao::bad::bad:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for trying to help out yall i'll get her done.Kinda pissed though!! Thought it was gonna be a piece of cake man was i wrong!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
You have to take all that off. Meaning the shock, tie rod and rotor. Push the control arm all the way down. Put the spring in. Pull the control up. The spring will hit the top mount. Hold the arm with one hand while you position the spring so it seats correctly. Then when it's seated put the jack under the control arm and start jacking it up. Its a pain but you gotta muscle it in there

1 - 20 of 55 Posts