Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago, I was driving, my antifreeze came out the overflow valve, because my car almost overheated, the temp went to normal to hot in 30 seconds and i pulled over and turned it off. I got my thermostat changed and fluid changed. It runs ok, but my temp is going all the way to the L in normal, and before it stayed under the C the whole time, until i pushed it over 3k. I get no heat in my car, nothing is leaking, and the heads and everthing look ok. Please Help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
do a compression test, could be a head gasket and the exhaust is pushing into your coolant lines.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Here are some possibilities. Thermostat is bad, your radiator was not completely full (you have a small leak somewhere) your head gasket is toast (you have a 95 and if it has not been changed well now its time) or your radiator is clogged or deteriorated.

The fact is our cars have a closed coolant system and will overheat if the system is not completely full or has air in it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top hose gets warm, however the bottom one stays cooled, alot of air came out the lines today, but i am bringing it back to a mechanic, to take a look.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don t think its the gasket because my oil is fine and the exhaust isnt smoking.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got that replaced when i bought the car

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Danger Dude said:
Here are some possibilities. Thermostat is bad, your radiator was not completely full (you have a small leak somewhere) your head gasket is toast (you have a 95 and if it has not been changed well now its time) or your radiator is clogged or deteriorated.

The fact is our cars have a closed coolant system and will overheat if the system is not completely full or has air in it.
Thermostat was replaced
No sign of Headgasket Failure
I think the Radiator is clogged, because the top hose to the radiator from the engine is hot, the bottom stays cooled. I am having it checked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts