Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking to do the 5.4 swap I will be getting a tubular k member and would love to have a lightning swap basically

- any info or hints or any finds on Craigslist near jersey is appreciated!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You will have a slight problem with the stock hood and tb. Had it on my brothers stang with a 5.4 he had a bbk 78mm tb/plenum and it would make contact with the hood. Cowl hood fixed that issue. Also passensger side exhaust header will give you hell in fitments to make it sit right. And i would suggest upgrading to low rise manifold for the 5.4 as well as there are no long tubes for this setup. They have to be custom fabbed mostly. Other than those things i can remember atm enjoy its a torque machine so that's always a plus

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea cowl hood will be a must but I really wana do the root style blower on it I'm like a little more than half way to the k member so motor will be next does anyone know where the best place to get a 5.4 or the car to get it from. Obvi I would want a lightning but that would be pretty hard it seems

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Lightning is just an f150 motor with a supercharger. Nothing really special except fir forged internals. If you wanted a 5.4 expedition e150 or e250 or the f150 would be your likely sources. A 5.4 4v will fit however most the problem is since 5.4 block sits wider than a 4.6 block the heads for 4v would possibly be right on the inner fender wall or may have to modify it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Um 5.4 4v isn't no wider than a 4.6 4v....
its the block that make the heads sit wider apart, 4v heads are all the same, i never said or meant to be taken as though the 4v were wider. its like pi heads from a f150 and a mustang, same heads its only the block which makes them wider apart than a 4.6 block . that would be the only issue on a 5.4 4v swap to a stang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts